Is there a more infamous fan

TennesseeRhett

Than the Vanderbilt whistler? I cannot stand that guy and I know I’m not alone. He is reviled throughout the conference, all the other schools hate him too. I was trying to think if there was another fan of any sport for any other team that was as well known by other fanbases, and I can’t think of anyone that comes close. I’d be interested to hear of any other examples

Alabama has an annoying fan, Gary Danielson. Can’t stand that guy.
giphy.webp

Than the Vanderbilt whistler? I cannot stand that guy and I know I’m not alone. He is reviled throughout the conference, all the other schools hate him too. I was trying to think if there was another fan of any sport for any other team that was as well known by other fanbases, and I can’t think of anyone that comes close. I’d be interested to hear of any other examples
Well he gets plenty of attention on here!

I refuse to go to a TN- Vandy in Nashville or Hoover b/c of the whistlers. They are so obnoxious and it ruins the game imo. You can hear them during the entire telecast and the announcers have to talk over them at times.

Edit- there are actually two different whistlers. They were interviewed a few yrs ago after an altercation occurred (I think Hoover) where the ushers asked them to leave the game. I can’t recall the outcome, but they were able to stay at the game.

Reactions: feathersax
I am distantly acquainted with the more irritating of the 2 and aside from the whistling and Vandy fandom he’s actually an alright guy. His son passed away not too long ago and he’s handled it with strength and grace but I cannot argue that the whistling is about as obnoxious as it gets .

I refuse to go to a TN- Vandy in Nashville or Hoover b/c of the whistlers. They are so obnoxious and it ruins the game imo. You can hear them during the entire telecast and the announcers have to talk over them at times.

Edit- there are actually two different whistlers. They were interviewed a few yrs ago after an altercation occurred (I think Hoover) where the ushers asked them to leave the game. I can’t recall the outcome, but they were able to stay at the game.
A man after my own heart! You know about this vandie puke. He's hated around the SEC & was told at OMAHA a few years ago to tone it down or risk ejection. :cool: :cool: :cool:

I don’t know what he thinks he’s accomplishing with his noise. If he thinks he’s distracting the opposing offense he’s mostly wrong. These kids on this level obviously know how to block out everything behind them when they’re in the box

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Sat near him at yesterday's game. He purposely sits near the field mic. Easier to ignore him in-person than on a broadcast.

A man after my own heart! You know about this vandie puke. He's hated around the SEC & was told at OMAHA a few years ago to tone it down or risk ejection. :cool: :cool: :cool:
Thanks for clarification. I thought it was more recent and in Hoover but Omaha makes sense. I miss the days when I could remember everything, and I’m only 52 😆.

Yelling, screaming, clapping, and even the cow bells, are one thing. But having someone (or two) whistle over crowd noise is asinine.

If those are the choices…

more-cowbell.gif
My daughter is a rising senior @ State & could not care less about sports. She rarely stays for an entire game b/c the cowbells are annoying.

Hopefully their fans won’t have anything to be happy about so we don’t have to hear them @ Neyland.

Reactions: MagnoliaVol
Nobody can and time for a Drone strike!

Imagine being a Vandy player and being subjected to that every game. Vandy is the only team in America whose fans hate them.

My best friend can whistle WAY louder than the Vandy Whistler. He is a huge Tennessee fan too. We thought about buying a ticket right behind the VW and having my friend whistle loudly (trust me, it hurts your ears). He needs feel how annoying it is.

Reactions: MagnoliaVol

VN Store

Back