Is the world better off with the nation of Israel?

Yeah, that's not what most of us consider "open and honest debate." You've already laid the blame for ISIS at Israel and America's feet and you aren't going to be convinced otherwise.

However, if you wanted to have a honest and open debate on whether or not the nation of Israel should or should not be, I believe that's the intent of the OP's post. Which you won't because you've made up your mind already.

Oh stop it. When people engage in a debate, most of the participants in the debate have their minds made up going into it. The hopeful outcome would be that maybe one side can bring others with an opposing view to their side.

India and Pakistan haven't signed it either. Never heard you whining about them...

And neither of those countries have actively called for another country to not be allowed to defend themselves with nukes. Israel can't say that. A bit hypocritical on their part. "We should be allowed to defend ourselves, but Iran shouldn't..."

So your joke is BOT's real position? LOL

Yeah, I tend to skip over most of BOT's posts. Typically the moment has passed on many of them and he's just as bad at screeching as LG and others.

But, as you can tell from my post, I posted a picture which should have been seen as a joke about your post. I didn't take issue with what Slice said because I really don't have any skin in that game. But let's face it, the OP's question very likely could have been worded differently. Slice got his dander up, he and Rooster kissed and made up and all is well. But it was between them, so it wasn't for me to get involved.

And neither of those countries have actively called for another country to not be allowed to defend themselves with nukes. Israel can't say that. A bit hypocritical on their part. "We should be allowed to defend ourselves, but Iran shouldn't..."

Still doesn't change the fact that nearly every time the subject comes up, you make some comment about Israel.

Hell, we just had a thread about India not long ago. Didn't recall you making mention of India not signing the non-proliferation treaty then.

So, why are you hypocritical of Israel? Aren't you supposed to be in the business of "minding our own business" and what they do or don't do shouldn't be any concern of yours?

Reactions: 1 person
Grand resorts to his form of humor whenever he is on the short end of an argument or debate.

Oh, piss off. You've never won an argument with me because you are the first to resort to idiocy and blanket statements. I refuse to enter a debate with stupidity because you'll drag me down to your level and beat me with experience.

You are, in short, one of the most ignorant posters on here that has no intention of seeing anyone else's side in the matter. You are right in your own mind and have no intention of ever seeing anything from an opposing viewpoint.

Yeah, I tend to skip over most of BOT's posts. Typically the moment has passed on many of them and he's just as bad at screeching as LG and others.

But, as you can tell from my post, I posted a picture which should have been seen as a joke about your post. I didn't take issue with what Slice said because I really don't have any skin in that game. But let's face it, the OP's question very likely could have been worded differently. Slice got his dander up, he and Rooster kissed and made up and all is well. But it was between them, so it wasn't for me to get involved.

Oh C'mon, Grand. I don't think for one moment that even you would stoop to wanting to carefully craft debates or comments in the Political Forum. The opening post wasn't threatening or insensitive or malicious in intent, and you damned well know it. The last person I would expect to now wanting politically correct limits put in here would be you.

Relax

Still doesn't change the fact that nearly every time the subject comes up, you make some comment about Israel.

Hell, we just had a thread about India not long ago. Didn't recall you making mention of India not signing the non-proliferation treaty then.

So, why are you hypocritical of Israel? Aren't you supposed to be in the business of "minding our own business" and what they do or don't do shouldn't be any concern of yours?

Hell, the reason why is because we haven't had India belly aching and whining about Country X being just months away from having a nuclear weapons over the last 25 years. Israel is a hypocrite that has nuclear weapons, yet wants to prevent someone else from having them...

Oh C'mon, Grand. I don't think for one moment that even you would stoop to wanting to carefully craft debates or comments in the Political Forum. The opening post wasn't threatening or insensitive or malicious in intent, and you damned well know it. The last person I would expect to now wanting politically correct limits put in here would be you.

Relax

You know, the last portion of that post could be intended for you as well. Huff and I are having a nice discussion, so kindly see yourself the **** out.

Hell, the reason why is because we haven't had India belly aching and whining about Country X being just months away from having a nuclear weapons over the last 25 years. Israel is a hypocrite that has nuclear weapons, yet wants to prevent someone else from having them...

So, if we should be in the business of minding our own business as a nation like you want, shouldn't you not care about Israel having nuclear weapons?

I mean, those are your words that we should stay out of Middle Eastern affairs, yet you put Israel on blast each and every time you get the chance. Shouldn't you be more worried about broken taillights instead of whether or not Israel has nukes?

You know, the last portion of that post could be intended for you as well. Huff and I are having a nice discussion, so kindly see yourself the **** out.

So wait, you bring me into the debate by saying you didn't know I had a position on Israel, then quickly backpedal once you get your face handed back to you?

Typical

Reactions: 2 people
So, if we should be in the business of minding our own business as a nation like you want, shouldn't you not care about Israel having nuclear weapons?

I mean, those are your words that we should stay out of Middle Eastern affairs, yet you put Israel on blast each and every time you get the chance. Shouldn't you be more worried about broken taillights instead of whether or not Israel has nukes?

What? My point has nothing to do with whether Israel should or should not have nuclear weapons. It is distinctly about their blatant hypocrisy on the matter with regards to Iran.

And also, nothing would make me happier if we ended all foreign aid to these Middle Eastern countries... particularly Israel and Saudi Arabia.

So wait, you bring me into the debate by saying you didn't know I had a position on Israel, then quickly backpedal once you get your face handed back to you?

Typical

I didn't bring you into any debate. Huff made a comment, I posted a tongue in cheek picture, he took offense because he interpreted it differently than I intended.

Then you interjected yourself into our conversation. Between the two of us. Not you. So, again, kindly see yourself the **** out of the discussion we are having about what he said, my response and his response.

NOT YOUR PROBLEM. GTFO. EASY.

As for you "handing my face to me" you, again, are the most ignorant poster on this forum. You have no arguments other than the same BS you repeat over and over and over again. Zero analytical skills. Zero ability to see the multifaceted sides of damn near anything. Only your own stupidity that creates the confusion in your feeble brain. You try to quote history like you know what it means, but you have no cognitive ability to decipher what was going on or what was intended.

In short, you can't make an argument because you can't see any other side other than the one you create for yourself.

And this is why I refuse to actually have any in depth conversation with you, Ras. Because you keep bringing up the same **** over and over again. You wallow in your ignorance and wear it like a badge of honor.

And this is why I refuse to actually have any in depth conversation with you, Ras. Because you keep bringing up the same **** over and over again. You wallow in your ignorance and wear it like a badge of honor.

Ask me today what 2+2 is, and I will tell you 4. Ask me again in 2 weeks, I will say 4 again. If you continue this over the next 40 years, the answer will be the same.

In other words, saying that I just repeat myself over and over again when I'm right isn't a slur.

Reactions: 3 people
Hey guys, wanted to get away for a sec from all the Trump babble and ask a question that I yet to have a fully formed answer yet.

Is the world better off with Israel existing? It seems that its creation caused even more instability/violence in the area by pushing out the people that already lived in Palestine as well as the increasing the volatility the region already faced from the European carving of the ME after WW1.

I'd love to hear y'all opinion on the issue since I'm still trying to come up with one.

There was nothing with malicious intent in this post. Shame on those that think we now have to filter and craft and tip-toe our way through the Political Forum on something as vanilla as this post.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back