Is the investigation being dragged out so...

Eliminate Ingram and roll.
I don’t see a lot of difference in Blackburn and Imgram except that Ingram built a winning football from scratch. UAB had shut down their football program for a number of years and he built the new program to win their Conference in 3-4 years.

The NCAA is not even investigating
There's nothing to investigate. Look at Will Wade and Penny Hardaway and the initial sensationalism and the outcome. Lawyers get paid by the hour. The media makes more money by getting more clicks. An assistant coach gave 2 players some chump change to entertain a highly ranked recruit on a visit. These type of "infractions" likely happen at every school. I can't fiqure out why this is getting all this attention.

Any coach with average intelligence wouldn't want to coach here unless UT throws the bank at him.

Reactions: Vollifer1949
Pretty obvious what is going on at this point.

Waiting until the NC game is played this evening before making the announcement that Saban is coming to Knoxville with Pruitt sliding back into a DC role..

Please Mark Ingram he's definitely ready for prime time.:cool:

I mean...he is a former heisman trophy winner. But I think he’s still playing so we’ll just have to see if he can find time for the job. Also he went to bama and you know how dumb those guys usually are (see Pruitt). And yet stil, better than fulmer no question

FYI....Different Mark Ingram being suggested...."In five years at Tennessee, his alma mater where he was a two-year starter for the Vol's football team, Ingram was responsible for the planning and strategy for the department's Capital Campaign that raised $336 million during his tenure."
Mark Ingram - Director of Athletics - Staff Directory - University of Alabama at Birmingham Athletics

This isn't going to drag out that much longer and no - Fulmer is not going to be the coach in any capacity. In fact, he's likely being shown the door himself. Of course as I've said in other threads they'll let him spin it that he wants to spend more time with the family and he was just supposed to be an interim all along.

This whole thing is a calculated strategy - believe it or not - to try to save the university a great deal of money by being able to negotiate a much reduced buyout of Coach Cornbread. I know the timing is not ideal but you have to look at it this way - it's STILL better than going through another full football season with this guy even if it takes another week or two before this is resolved.
Hope so. I was happy when Fulmer was named interim AD. He stopped the bleeding. The permanent AD Fulmer not so much. Time for cleaning house.

Reactions: vol05
Lol, overly sensitive people are always funny to me.
Overly sensitive? Hardly. I’m about as far from that as you can get. There’s a difference between being over sensitive and just not being a jerk for no reason whatsoever. But give me a reason to be a jerk and I can be the biggest one you’ve ever met. I’d rather not get into it with you, so I’ll leave it at that

There's nothing to investigate. Look at Will Wade and Penny Hardaway and the initial sensationalism and the outcome. Lawyers get paid by the hour. The media makes more money by getting more clicks. An assistant coach gave 2 players some chump change to entertain a highly ranked recruit on a visit. These type of "infractions" likely happen at every school. I can't fiqure out why this is getting all this attention.

Any coach with average intelligence wouldn't want to coach here unless UT throws the bank at him.

The law firm was retained Nov 19th. It's January 11th; that's 52 days. I know work wasn't being done on every one of those days, but if its just a credit card and a few dollars to a player or two I think it would be wrapped up by now. I believe in the analogy, if you keep digging, you'll find something. I think they've found something and are looking for more. Thus, the hiring freeze. They then counter that with Steele, but we know he's an Analyst with no on field responsibility. That makes it look like a hire, but its not.

Overly sensitive? Hardly. I’m about as far from that as you can get. There’s a difference between being over sensitive and just not being a jerk for no reason whatsoever. But give me a reason to be a jerk and I can be the biggest one you’ve ever met. I’d rather not get into it with you, so I’ll leave it at that
Lol, whatever. If you laugh at the comment then you may see the comedy in it and not have to pump your chest about how big of a jerk you can be. But you do you

They are NOT spending all this time and money investigating 2 players with a credit card. That may be where it started but gone way past that. We are looking at substantial violations, level 1 or 2. They can’t bring Pruitt back after this following a 3-7 season. He is done. Only question now is when and how much does it cost.

Lol, whatever. If you laugh at the comment then you may see the comedy in it and not have to pump your chest about how big of a jerk you can be. But you do you
I’m sorry, but getting on VolNation and making fun of people isn’t my idea of funny. If you wanna crack a joke at Phil’s expense or whatever, I’m with you. But someone asking a question (however far fetched it might be) Is what VN is here for. Then they’ve got to worry about people like you humiliating them. Sorry, not funny

Im gonna throw this out there.... but before i do, I AM NOT SAYING I WANT THIS, its just my prediction....

Good Ole Phil dusts off his HC shoes, hes putting together his staff... double duty as AD and HC.

There, i said it. If someone else has already said this, i missed it.

Annnnnnd, go!

Reactions: VolNExile
Nothing would surprise me at this point. Except UT going out and hiring a top notch football coach, that would definitely be surprising.
Sadly that is where I am. Even an ounce of competence from this university to get on a level of competing would shock me. We are too busy bringing back lame duck 3-7 HCs.

If I see one more thread about Fulmer coaching Tennessee football again... Just stop it already. So old—Fulmer, and the same nonsensical idea.

Last edited:
Reactions: NATHAN05

VN Store

Back