Is Oklahoma a must win?

To do what? get into the playoff? Its early so a stumble could possibly be recoverable but I cant image we end up in final 12 with anything less than 10-2 record. Considering Georgia is a tough win and maybe Alabama too in spite of new schemes, etc. So that leaves us with little room to choke OK.
We have to go some combination 2-2 against OU, Florida, Bama and UGA to make the CFP IMO. Actually, I’ll revise that and say Florida is a must win and we have to go no worse than 1-2 against OU, Bama and UGA.

setting expectations to get to the playoffs is setting oneself up form disappointment. My expectations is to compete every time they hit the field and let the chips fall where they may.

2022 was a good chance with a QB having an elite type season to make some noise yet they fell short. That should communicate how difficult it is to reach the top. The top now is qualifying for the playoffs. Its going to be hard..

Too many fans are expecting too many SEC teams to reach playoffs. It might happen, but I have my doubts. SEC seasons are going to chop up SEC teams from reaching that goal. The league is unbelievably hard now.

JMO
I agree, a real top 12 team in the sec could be knocked out of top 12 with 3 losses. And yet still be one of the 12 best in the country. Just not ranked in the top 12

I agree, a real top 12 team in the sec could be knocked out of top 12 with 3 losses. And yet still be one of the 12 best in the country. Just not ranked in the top 12

so could a 2 loss team like Oklahoma would have been this year. In fact, with two G5 league champions now eligible for automatic, you likely see two teams in top 12 left out

Reactions: cgrish
setting expectations to get to the playoffs is setting oneself up form disappointment. My expectations is to compete every time they hit the field and let the chips fall where they may.

2022 was a good chance with a QB having an elite type season to make some noise yet they fell short. That should communicate how difficult it is to reach the top. The top now is qualifying for the playoffs. Its going to be hard..

Too many fans are expecting too many SEC teams to reach playoffs. It might happen, but I have my doubts. SEC seasons are going to chop up SEC teams from reaching that goal. The league is unbelievably hard now.

JMO
Thanks for your cringy ‘keeping it real’ post in an attempt to diffuse excitement within in the program.

Need to beat some teams that matter next year. Oklahoma is one of them. 11-1, loss to UGA

To do what? get into the playoff? Its early so a stumble could possibly be recoverable but I cant image we end up in final 12 with anything less than 10-2 record. Considering Georgia is a tough win and maybe Alabama too in spite of new schemes, etc. So that leaves us with little room to choke OK.
You can add Florida to that list too. I don't care how bad they are or how tough their schedule is.

If we lose at Oklahoma, we will have 3-4 losses next year
We will lose to Georgia and Bama for sure and considering we have largely played like crap on the road under Heupel I can easily see us losing to Oklahoma. And Florida even at home is no gimme and very much a toss up. I’m not getting my hopes sky high for the 2024 and certainly predicting us to make the playoff. I think 7-5 or 8-4 is where we land in 2024

We will lose to Georgia and Bama for sure and considering we have largely played like crap on the road under Heupel I can easily see us losing to Oklahoma. And Florida even at home is no gimme and very much a toss up. I’m not getting my hopes sky high for the 2024 and certainly predicting us to make the playoff. I think 7-5 or 8-4 is where we land in 2024
I agree. Think we win 8. Maybe 9. 10-2 would be great

VN Store

Back