Is Matt Canada an option?

Canada would be great, Freeze great, Enos great, Kitchens great, blah blah blah... there are probably 10 guys out there who would be creative and improve play calling but it just isn’t the WE ARE TENNESSEE way. We are going to find guy #11 who will reinstall 2 runs up the middle for -4 yards, followed by 20 yard behind the LOS sideline pass good for2 yards and punt.
If this is true, whoever is responsible should be swiftly canned.

Really? With such songs in the catalogue as Tom Sawyer, 2112, Workin Man, Limelight, etc You choose to post THIS song?
Hmmmm…. Underrated IMO since subdivisions kind-of captures the essence of VOLNATION in the middle of this OC search....

Does Canada really fit the smash mouth mold? I thought he was a spread offense guy with a lot of pre-snap movement.

Canada sux, I was up there a couple of weeks ago, snow everywhere.............oh, nevermind
Gonna keep this pony on the track kindof... I think Matt Canada would provide an interesting offense at UT but I just don't know how well the pre-snap movement and misdirects are gonna fool well disciplined fast defenses with the likes of elephants and dawgs.
Now on to the real reason I posted growing up in central Carolina and spending a lot of time outdoors in the mountains camping and hunting I thought I had been in "cold weather". I went to work for a company based in Canada and my first winter trip was to Ottawa where I walked from my hotel to the office about 6 blocks in my wingtips only to find out that everyone else either Ice skated or wore boots to the office then changed into their dress shoes under their desk. Took my feet all day to thaw out. Next winter trip I took was to Calgary in December and I thought it was as cold and snowy as the world could be. I went to Edmonton in January and it was -38 for the HIGH that day. I said then that those Canadians needed to actually figure out there were warm places to move in the winter and I would never be back during winter again since I didn't own enough clothes to keep warm.
Loved the place in fall and summer (when the mosquitoes didn't try to fly away with you).

Reactions: Zues1
Gonna keep this pony on the track kindof... I think Matt Canada would provide an interesting offense at UT but I just don't know how well the pre-snap movement and misdirects are gonna fool well disciplined fast defenses with the likes of elephants and dawgs.
Now on to the real reason I posted growing up in central Carolina and spending a lot of time outdoors in the mountains camping and hunting I thought I had been in "cold weather". I went to work for a company based in Canada and my first winter trip was to Ottawa where I walked from my hotel to the office about 6 blocks in my wingtips only to find out that everyone else either Ice skated or wore boots to the office then changed into their dress shoes under their desk. Took my feet all day to thaw out. Next winter trip I took was to Calgary in December and I thought it was as cold and snowy as the world could be. I went to Edmonton in January and it was -38 for the HIGH that day. I said then that those Canadians needed to actually figure out there were warm places to move in the winter and I would never be back during winter again since I didn't own enough clothes to keep warm.
Loved the place in fall and summer (when the mosquitoes didn't try to fly away with you).

We can't even get in the correct punt formation without getting bombarded with movement or alignment penalties. (And this was the most ran formation we had all year) lol
I just see it as a disaster in the beginning, and not given enough time to master it.

I reached out to Canada earlier, but he isn’t biting quite yet. I need to up the offer.

1F18DF40-E54B-45C4-BCC4-63FB0545FA2A.png1F18DF40-E54B-45C4-BCC4-63FB0545FA2A.png

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
I would love to see our OL try to get into all those pre-snap formations. We would set a new NCAA record for pre-snap penalties :):)

The Good:
- Can coach many schemes or combinations of schemes
- Has a good understanding of the Xs and Os
- Is not against using multiple trick plays or formations, or non-traditional plays
- Usually can put a decent amount of points on the board
- Ability to adapt his offense

The Bad:
- Does not fully understand that your Defense can have and should have an impact on your Offensive play calling (lacks the ability to understand team strategy)
- Very abrasive personality
- Very aggressive in nature, hard to work with at times
- Sometimes what he does is consider gimmicky (I don't share that opinion, but even some recruits were saying they wouldn't play for him)
- He wants to be the head coach, not just the OC
- Suspect as a recruiter because of the above

I think he did decent at LSU considering what he was dealing with, unfortunately the Bad things caught up to him very quickly.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back