Is Matt Canada an option?

He’s out at Maryland. Any chance we kick around the idea of giving him another shot at the SEC?

The problem these days is that fired coaches get a buy out so they could avoid being desperate and be more selective. The buy out gives them extra time to make a decision

But they did give us Rush!

You can not comprehend the feeling of your nuts shriveling up when you go to a Celine Dion concert because you lost a bet with your wife about the 2016 Vols...

Some people were upset that I became a NegaVol about Butch after 2016 but they failed to realize how much I suffered...

The more I think about it, the more sense Canada makes. His scheme levels the playing field until we get enough studs. Also, it chews clock to help manage games. His offense is a b!t@h to defend and prep for. Like Freeze, he would likely leave for head coaching gig within a couple of years.

You can not comprehend the feeling of your nuts shriveling up when you go to a Celine Dion concert because you lost a bet with your wife about the 2016 Vols...

Some people were upset that I became a NegaVol about Butch after 2016 but they failed to realize how much I suffered...

It's ok Buddy. You're heart will go on.

IMO as bad as our talent is our football IQ is even worse. I doubt that bunch over there has the ability to count to 10 anyway to make multiple shifts. JG has trouble reading defense can you imagine him trying to direct all of that motion based on reads trying to determine mismatches that is to our advantage? The OL has more busts based on misreading blocking assignments than being over powered. The WR's improved reading defenses as far as routes but many sacks can be credited to our offense lacking secondary routes based on reading coverage. I love his system but we would have to recruit players with the smarts to run the system. I am surprised most of the team can find the field and the locker rooms. I believe it would add another 2 years of the recruiting cycle to get players that can run the system.

IMO as bad as our talent is our football IQ is even worse. I doubt that bunch over there has the ability to count to 10 anyway to make multiple shifts. JG has trouble reading defense can you imagine him trying to direct all of that motion based on reads trying to determine mismatches that is to our advantage? The OL has more busts based on misreading blocking assignments than being over powered. The WR's improved reading defenses as far as routes but many sacks can be credited to our offense lacking secondary routes based on reading coverage. I love his system but we would have to recruit players with the smarts to run the system. I am surprised most of the team can find the field and the locker rooms. I believe it would add another 2 years of the recruiting cycle to get players that can run the system.
Honestly we're two years out from doing much anyways.

VN Store

Back