Is it unusual......

I can see this story coming out in December....

In his first act as USC's head coach, Urban Meyer has hired OJ Simpson as the brand ambassador for USC football. According to Meyer, OJ has the "killer instinct" and the ability to "hit hard" that I want to instill in my players and coaching staff...

I'm NOT an Urban Meyer fan...by ANY means...

but...it's not the fault of ANY coach...but the fault of a circumstance of "coddled athletes" who's EVERY whim is met by an organization (college and pro) who do NOT come from a foundational background of good morals and ethics to rely upon. It ALL eventually catches up to them in their actions, that they deem reasonable, and have lived so long without real consequences.

*step down from soap box*

11811553.gif

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I can see this story coming out in December....

In his first act as USC's head coach, Urban Meyer has hired OJ Simpson as the brand ambassador for USC football. According to Meyer, OJ has the "killer instinct" and the ability to "hit hard" that I want to instill in my players and coaching staff...

Well, he was a slashing style back.

but...it's not the fault of ANY coach...but the fault of a circumstance of "coddled athletes" who's EVERY whim is met by an organization (college and pro) who do NOT come from a foundational background of good morals and ethics to rely upon. It ALL eventually catches up to them in their actions, that they deem reasonable, and have lived so long without real consequences.

11811553.gif
To play devil's advocate. The culture at a Meyer school is to cover up, disrespect women and not punish players and coaches for violent acts. If the players are conditioned to think they can get away with anything because UF/OSU let them get away with it, does that partially lie at the feet of the person in charge.

Many of the players arrested (ie Hernandez) had no legal issues until they got to Gainesville/Columbus

Reactions: Smallvol#1

11811553.gif

If the man cared at all about any of his guys he’d have seen the things going on around the program. He turned a blindeye and rode it as far as he could and never showed a bit of remorse

If the man cared at all about any of his guys he’d have seen the things going on around the program. He turned a blindeye and rode it as far as he could and never showed a bit of remorse

I think you can always point at Urban’s former players track record during their time in Gainesville and even somethings I’ve heard about some “STAR” guys in Columbus that show he turned a blind eye. To me, the thing that stuck out to me that we actually saw was a huge indiictment of his character was on camera when he read that canned BULL $$$$ statement about Zack Smith and showed no human qualities whatsoever. He just read the script, didn’t take a breath or a pause and you could see where his priorities were.

Also, anyone who pays attention to some of the Gator posters on this board know that him leaving Gainesville was more of an attempt to get away from his UF coed issues because he was destroying his family and not his overall well being. He may not be healthy all the time, but you’d have a hard time convincing me that his issues for the most part have not been largely self inflicted.

I think you can always point at Urban’s former players track record during their time in Gainesville and even somethings I’ve heard about some “STAR” guys in Columbus that show he turned a blind eye. To me, the thing that stuck out to me that we actually saw was a huge indiictment of his character was on camera when he read that canned BULL $$$$ statement about Zack Smith and showed no human qualities whatsoever. He just read the script, didn’t take a breath or a pause and you could see where his priorities were.

Also, anyone who pays attention to some of the Gator posters on this board know that him leaving Gainesville was more of an attempt to get away from his UF coed issues because he was destroying his family and not his overall well being. He may not be healthy all the time, but you’d have a hard time convincing me that his issues for the most part have not been largely self inflicted.

Truth.

Wasn’t it stated in the Hernandez trial that he was doing some gang related things while at UF and they chose to not follow up?

Truth.

Wasn’t it stated in the Hernandez trial that he was doing some gang related things while at UF and they chose to not follow up?

I think a lot people have said Hernandez was well known to be into some pretty bad things that they kind of chose to not to see. I don’t know that though.

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
I think a lot people have said Hernandez was well known to be into some pretty bad things that they kind of chose to not to see. I don’t know that though.

Obviously it Doesent matter now but that tells me all I need to know about how far those schools will go to win championships.

Let’s not forget the man that used a dead girls bank card...

Urban: he was her boyfriend so...

VN Store

Back