Is it possible to get any less out of our frontcourt?

Is it remotely possible that this teams gets its act together and makes a deep run in the Tournament...

Reactions: Caculator
Is it remotely possible that this teams gets its act together and makes a deep run in the Tournament...

no. That requires a decent amount of consistency. Not found on the UT roster this season.

At this point, I would start 4 guards and Pons the rest of the season. Swap the minutes Fulk is getting and give them to ON coming off the bench.

Reactions: Hbg
The only 2 TN teams that have ever won 3x in the NCAAT were pretty average in the regular season. The EE team was blown out at home by a bad USCw team and Cuonzo’s 2014 NCAA team lost 13 games, 11 in the regular season.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
The only 2 TN teams that have ever won 3x in the NCAAT were pretty average in the regular season. The EE team was blown out at home by a bad USCw team and Cuonzo’s 2014 NCAA team lost 13 games, 11 in the regular season.

College basketball is a tournament sport.

Sometimes the best teams don’t win the whole thing.

No reason to give up on this team.

It's crazy how disappointing he's been. And while people say it was a Barnes' whiff, it's not like the dude wasn't pretty highly sought after. I mean Gonzaga wanted him.
I have to hope it's just a run of remarkably bad form. With any luck next year will be a return to his previous performance.

LSU did the same thing to Tennessee today that they did last year, their big guards were free to do whatever they wanted anywhere on the floor, I hoped our young guards would play like the LSU guards do, but they are very young, still learning.

Front is problematic, but we are trying to play a 4 and a 5 with a 3 and a 4, no real point guard until next year, but I'm not sure Our guards will all be back for that next season.

No. Front court is disaster with no depth. Viscovi can’t cover anyone. Barnes always talks about kids have to play defense first To get playing time. I don’t get it. Vescovi isn’t capable of moving his feet and covering. Yet he gets all the playing time in the world.

LSU did the same thing to Tennessee today that they did last year, their big guards were free to do whatever they wanted anywhere on the floor, I hoped our young guards would play like the LSU guards do, but they are very young, still learning.

Front is problematic, but we are trying to play a 4 and a 5 with a 3 and a 4, no real point guard until next year, but I'm not sure Our guards will all be back for that next season.
One of the big issues is Vescovi can’t cover anyone. Smart was going right by him all day. Vescovi good kid and can shoot ok. But it’s a real problem when Smart blows right by him all day creating layups and wide open shots for LSU. The other glaring issue is our guys don’t look to be scorers when they get the bal. They all look to pass the ball first. They don’t square up to the goal. When Fulky gets ball up top, he squares to the wing, not the basket. Seemingly good kids on the team, but respectfully they’ve been vastly overrated all season. The mock selection had UT a 3 seed yesterday. No where close. At best a 6 seed.. I think more of 7-10 seed.

No. Front court is disaster with no depth. Viscovi can’t cover anyone. Barnes always talks about kids have to play defense first To get playing time. I don’t get it. Vescovi isn’t capable of moving his feet and covering. Yet he gets all the playing time in the world.

Maybe this is a situation like we have just had with the football team. JG ---the best option we have to win.. God forbid this is the case with our "fake blonde guard" but it sure looks like it.

Reactions: Border Vol
It's crazy how disappointing he's been. And while people say it was a Barnes' whiff, it's not like the dude wasn't pretty highly sought after. I mean Gonzaga wanted him.
It's weird, early on, he was mixing it up in games pretty regular...thought he'd be a strong guy off the bench for us...Bailey too. It seems we've got some dysfunction in who we want to be on offense and everyone not involved

VN Store

Back