Is Henry T history ?

He has 2 years of eligibility and a red shirt year. He doesn't have to be in that big of a hurry. He could transfer to Bama or Clemson, sit a year and graduate, build his body, learn how to cover a back or TE, pick up a "new system" and be an All American for one, maybe two seasons and be a top 10 pick.

IMO, we will never see him in UT orange again.
Not sure he's anything more than an old fashioned 2 down LB. His best bet might be to bulk up and move to rush DE or find a place that will let him play RB.

Henry T is puzzling to me. He gets in the portal , then sits (we know schools want him so he could have left). Why is he waiting so long to pick a school and make the move. If I am a coach I want Henry T in spring ball so I can see how he fits with the rest of the team. Strange sequence of events. I think there is a small (very small) chance he winds up playing at TN this fall.

I think Henry may want one thing while his father wants another thing. His father said Saban told them to go through Spring Practice and see if the transfer rule passes. If it doesn't pass HT will stay put but this is very much his dad running the show.

I think Henry may want one thing while his father wants another thing. His father said Saban told them to go through Spring Practice and see if the transfer rule passes. If it doesn't pass HT will stay put but this is very much his dad running the show.

What matters most is what Henry T wants. Far too many parents live vicariously through their kids in sports. I don’t wish anything bad on the kid but hanging out in the portal for all of eternity does put a sour taste in many peoples mouths. He’s a good LB but he’s not Al Wilson, Raynoch Thompson, etc.....so.....I’m not going to be sore about whatever decision he makes but just make one and roll with it. Leaving UT hanging for months is not cool. If he wants to stay at UT then he should tell his dad that it not his career and that he wants to be a man and honor his commitment. If he wants to leave then leave ASAP and stop playing games with the University he committed to play football for.

It's been a hard choice with him because he is still torn between destinations..... There is still a real long shot he could stay at UT, but I doubt it.. The kid wants to play on a team that has national championship pedigrees... There are 2 in that category that fit the bill and can use him now... If it is Alabama why hasn't he transferred by now because everyone knows the transfer rule within the conference will be lifted. I know he likes them and would like to stay in the SEC...... Now, that brings us to Ohio State, who lost all their starting LB's. HTT could step right in and be a leader there..... and rumor has it that Al Washington has been in daily contact with him since he entered the portal. Interesting, and it should be decided by no later than the end of this month.

Not sure he's anything more than an old fashioned 2 down LB. His best bet might be to bulk up and move to rush DE or find a place that will let him play RB.
Agreed he is only a 2 down LB, but with the love that ESPN gives the UA defense he still could be a top 10 pick! Reality is though, at his best he is a second-third rounder.

It's been a hard choice with him because he is still torn between destinations..... There is still a real long shot he could stay at UT, but I doubt it.. The kid wants to play on a team that has national championship pedigrees... There are 2 in that category that fit the bill and can use him now... If it is Alabama why hasn't he transferred by now because everyone knows the transfer rule within the conference will be lifted. I know he likes them and would like to stay in the SEC...... Now, that brings us to Ohio State, who lost all their starting LB's. HTT could step right in and be a leader there..... and rumor has it that Al Washington has been in daily contact with him since he entered the portal. Interesting, and it should be decided by no later than the end of this month.
If he’s a former Vol, I have no interest in discussing.

Reactions: orangebloodforlife
Another player of almost limitless potential ground up and spit out by the incompetence and corruption of the UT football program of the past decade. Hopefully Huepel will keep this from continuing to happen. I really feel bad for these kids. They need real leadership and father figures. What they have gotten instead are Happy Meals and the Three Stooges

If he wants to leave then leave ASAP and stop playing games with the University he committed to play football for.
Why do we think he’s playing games with the University? Couldn’t the scenario easily be that he had course work to finish Spring semester, but knew he would transfer, so he went ahead and entered the portal so the staff could focus on the next guys up and give them an opportunity to look for replacements in the portal instead of going through Spring practice and then announcing he was leaving and catching everyone off guard? I think he’s been upfront with the university. The only games being played are the ones we are playing on ourselves.

VN Store

Back