Is Chaney a possibility?

The whole "unnamed SEC OC" was supposed to be to troll Tennessee fans into believing it is Dooley and then watching the lulz on twitter. But Tennessee fans done trolled themselves into believing it is Chaney.

Dooley would probably do great things with our offense. I think back to how much we scored during his tenure and how many of those players went on the Sunday ball. However in the real world that ship has long ago sailed, he could never come back here under any circumstance.

Nope... He’s not coming back here!
You make a good point about meshing with Pruitt philosophically, which is why some of these guys being mentioned who are wide open spread, ( Ok State, NCST) seem to me to not be a good mix with what Pruitt is looking for offensively....

You can't hire out of desperation, let them do their due diligence and be patient. We don't want to be having this conversation again next year because they hired the "BIG FISH" name as OC. We freak out so often on twitter and these boards, we need to chill out and wait for the Wolf, who should be coming directly.

You make a good point about meshing with Pruitt philosophically, which is why some of these guys being mentioned who are wide open spread, ( Ok State, NCST) seem to me to not be a good mix with what Pruitt is looking for offensively....
Not to mention Finley at N.C. state could be one of the first qbs taken off the board. It’s pretty easy to make an offense look good when u have an Uber talented qb or can recruit them consistently but what happens after he’s gone. See Bobby Petrino...
Edit to add if Pruitt is gonna run a power game his first order is offensive line cruitin imo

Kiffen had the sullins brothers on oline. They were walk ons originally and they turned out under kiffen’s staff to be decent sec linemen. I think they could shore our line up a bit imho

Make them!!!!
That hurts Georgia, which is a plus. But doesn't really help us. I'd rather get a good OC in here before early signing day than take the time to do that if their is no reasonable expectation that we can get him.

Fulmer isn’t giving Chaney $2m/year
No need.
I'd start at Helton and stop at 1.5.

If he really liked Knoxville as much as some think and he and Kirby are not exactly BFFs he ll give it some thought. I think he's a good fit for Pruitt ton of experience and he's called plays in the SEC.

Reactions: preacherwebb
This is the best realistic option. Pay him 1.5 mil (he only makes 950 k at UGA) and he will come. Too many sources saying how he absolutely loves Knoxville. And an “Nameless SEC OC” of course he wouldn’t want his name to be linked. Get it done UT.

Not to mention Finley at N.C. state could be one of the first qbs taken off the board. It’s pretty easy to make an offense look good when u have an Uber talented qb or can recruit them consistently but what happens after he’s gone. See Bobby Petrino...
Edit to add if Pruitt is gonna run a power game his first order is offensive line cruitin imo

lol yeah Petrino only has 15+ years under his belt calling plays. You people that want to focus on 1 year and ignore a decade of playcalling are mindboggling.

lol yeah Petrino only has 15+ years under his belt calling plays. You people that want to focus on 1 year and ignore a decade of playcalling are mindboggling.

Too much baggage and he’s been overrated even in his best years anyways.

No need.
I'd start at Helton and stop at 1.5.

If he really liked Knoxville as much as some think and he and Kirby are not exactly BFFs he ll give it some thought. I think he's a good fit for Pruitt ton of experience and he's called plays in the SEC.
He’s almost certainly getting an extension and raise from UGA this year.

He’s on the record, as well as off the record, as wanting Athens to be his last stop.

Don’t see this one happening.

He’s almost certainly getting an extension and raise from UGA this year.

He’s on the record, as well as off the record, as wanting Athens to be his last stop.

Don’t see this one happening.
His history is about 3-5 at each stop.

He's only 56.

I ll be shocked if he retires from UGA. Unless he's retiring before he's 60 which I guess is possible.

He would still have to say no.

VN Store

Back