Is an alternate season possible?

37620VOL

Barely-Known Member
I don't think it will happen but suppose the NCAA / SEC cancels the 2020 football season. This would cause many of our players to lose a substantial amount of value, even for the ones unlikely to play in the NFL.

This being the case, would you support the university putting together a 10-game season for the benefit of our players that want to play? We could schedule anyone that wants to play us and negotiate the television rights as best we can. If any players don't feel comfortable playing just let them stay home and continue working out. For the ones that want to continue building the reputation and NFL aspirations, they can sign a waiver and continue to play.

Thoughts?

I don't think it will happen but suppose the NCAA / SEC cancels the 2020 football season. This would cause many of our players to lose a substantial amount of value, even for the ones unlikely to play in the NFL.

This being the case, would you support the university putting together a 10-game season for the benefit of our players that want to play? We could schedule anyone that wants to play us and negotiate the television rights as best we can. If any players don't feel comfortable playing just let them stay home and continue working out. For the ones that want to continue building the reputation and NFL aspirations, they can sign a waiver and continue to play.

Thoughts?

You're not taking into account the state level administration and whether it will be perrmitted or not to participate in such an event as a football game.

Everyone is losing in this ongoing situation. It's not as if people independently are choosing " not to let their team play".

Reactions: CINCYVOL

Thoughts?

Who will be responsible for players or coaches getting sick during this “alternate” season? Fuller? No chance this happens

Not going to play in our reality but in another, we're gonna be rocking neyland. We're the odds on favorites to win the SEC btw.

Yeah...just started Dark S03. :cool:

Season of attrition. Whichever team can play through the season with the least number of players lost to COVID 19 quarantining, illness or death may have a good chance at the SEC Championship. We officially live in Bizarro World.

This country can’t agree on anything. Why would I think an alternate season could be negotiated?

Not much to negotiate. Let's play this out. SEC cancels after the states of Kentucky and Missouri ban athletic events. TN and most of the freedom loving states stay open. Could TN make their own season?

Schedule:

Etsu, SC, mtsu, Bama, Vandy, LSU, Furman, Troy, UGA, Arkansas

Last edited:
Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Somewhere between the two inanities "Cancel nothing" and your "Cancel everything" is sanity.
Why wouldn't we cancel everything? I mean the only types of gatherings that aren't risky for the spread of the virus are protests according the experts. If we cancel everything else we should be good.

Why wouldn't we cancel everything? I mean the only types of gatherings that aren't risky for the spread of the virus are protests according the experts. If we cancel everything else we should be good.

Works for me. I saved for this time, knowing it was coming. Cancel all group gatherings...including church and related religious services. Don't need them either. Don't need to go grocery or pharmacy or anything, all delivered or retrieved from my store. Co-op a 1/2 acre of vegetables.

Got a Kindle full of books and Audible .mp3s, 600 TV channels from three sources, can sit outside, no neighbors. 100s of saved movies, fast Internet.

So cancel it all for all I care. I was only interested in my brothers less fortunate. :)

Not much to negotiate. Let's play this out. SEC cancels after the states of Kentucky and Missouri ban athletic events. TN and most of the freedom loving states stay open. Could TN make their own season?

Schedule:

Etsu, SC, mtsu, Bama, Vandy, LSU, Furman, Troy, UGA, Arkansas
Hey, that's the Gators' 2021 schedule

I don't foresee College or NFL cancelling season but I can see a significant number of High Schools cancelling football and this could really disrupt talent evaluation and recruiting. Schools like Tennessee will have an advantage in these talent assessments whereas smaller, less funded programs will suffer.

I say we protest against the other team during all games this year in Neyland and on the road.

Protests = no Covid

Go Vols

Thoughts?
Somebody has too much time on their hands.

That’s actually genius. It could be marketed as a protest held at Neyland. The teams could “protest” on the field for 4 quarters. Those in the stands could yell organized chants, “crowd support” could mingle through the stands making sure everyone is staying hydrated and nourished. This is my dream of change.

Thoughts?

Start season as normal - 100%
End season as normal - 50% Positive testing during the season with players having to sit out will create an abnormal season, but the show will go on..........

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Works for me. I saved for this time, knowing it was coming. Cancel all group gatherings...including church and related religious services. Don't need them either. Don't need to go grocery or pharmacy or anything, all delivered or retrieved from my store. Co-op a 1/2 acre of vegetables.

Got a Kindle full of books and Audible .mp3s, 600 TV channels from three sources, can sit outside, no neighbors. 100s of saved movies, fast Internet.

So cancel it all for all I care. I was only interested in my brothers less fortunate. :)

I hope you're joking...........if you aren't, you must live a really sad and lonely life.

VN Store

Back