Irrational Rick Barnes takes (merged)

I think Barnes is fine. We have all witnessed worse. In my lifetime he is second to Pearl as coach. He is a hall of fame coach. Will TN win the National championship with Barnes? No....but TN has never won the National championship with anyone. I just hope he can get them in the Final four one time!! I wish he would get some bigger post players. 6 '10 , 7 feet post scorers. Ok and Fulkerson are really to short and light. Plavsic is big enough and he is an ok player but not really a big scorer, more of a role player.
Barnes is a HOF coach because of what he did PRIOR to Tennessee. He’s done nothing here. He will leave UT with the same March accolades as Cuonzo, who everybody wanted fired.

I like Rick Barnes, he seems like a good guy. But we know where good guys finish.
He was a good hire to stabilize the program and get us through those dark days.
It's been seven seasons now and I'm pretty sure we see what Rick is. He's like Mark Martin in Nascar. Clean, runs up front occasionally but can't quite get over the hump.
Unless this team pulls it together and can actually win some tournament games, which I don't think they will it's time for Rick to head home to Carolina and spend time at the lake with the family.
A man's got to know his limitations.

I'm not criticizing. I'm saying he has done a good job in the past with certain assistants and when some of those assistants left maybe some of the chemistry left as well. Just trying to find the missing variable here.

85 criticizes Barnes chronically. He’s obsessed with it and it’s dumb.

I'm talking about the post. Give me BHH. You can have the rest. The freshmen are unknowns.
Derrick Walker and DJ Burns we’re both good players that are no longer here. Barnes can’t recruit and keep good big men on campus

I think Rick is a great man. But going .500 in SEC play would be give the same results as Barnes over the past few years. Do you think we couldn’t do any better than that?

In my life we seem to be about 50/50 on that. Barnes was an improvement over Tyndall but it was mostly good timing.

VN Store

Back