Irrational Rick Barnes takes (merged)

This the first time to go 0fer against Kentucky since? And it’s the worst Kentucky team by a mile. I honestly say deep run in March or you have to at least start weighing options.

Since Barnes became our coach. It's otherwise been the norm for most of my life.

HE is the reason why games our just games and Eternal Life in HIM is everything.

Wow thanks I feel so much better now!

giphy.gif

Reactions: berryvol
This the first time to go 0fer against Kentucky since? And it’s the worst Kentucky team by a mile. I honestly say deep run in March or you have to at least start weighing options.

You don’t know much, do you? UK went 9-16 in 2020-2021. This is the first time in 8 years that Barnes hasn’t beaten UK. Pearl did it twice and only played them once another year.

You don’t know much, do you? UK went 9-16 in 2020-2021. This is the first time in 8 years that Barnes hasn’t beaten UK. Pearl did it twice and only played them once another year.

Relax with the condescending tone homeslice lol. I know plenty. I’ve been as big of a Barnes defender as there comes. Even recently stated the dude deserves to retire here when ready. But I’m sick of beating good teams and losing to teams we have no business losing to. I’m sick of seeing players from last year be a clearly inferior version of themselves. One thing I can’t stand is regression. At the end of the day, if they make a deep run in March no one will care about the regular season record. That’s how this sport goes. I’m not calling for Barnes head, I’m just now stating I would understand if options were being considered if we have another early out in March.

And Barnes changed that standard. That’s why it hurts not to meet it.

So unless we "make a deep run in March" we should "start weighing options" because for the first time in eight years he failed to do what no other coach had done in forever?

Last edited:
Reactions: berryvol
Relax with the condescending tone homeslice lol. I know plenty. I’ve been as big of a Barnes defender as there comes. Even recently stated the dude deserves to retire here when ready. But I’m sick of beating good teams and losing to teams we have no business losing to. I’m sick of seeing players from last year be a clearly inferior version of themselves. One thing I can’t stand is regression. At the end of the day, if they make a deep run in March no one will care about the regular season record. That’s how this sport goes. I’m not calling for Barnes head, I’m just now stating I would understand if options were being considered if we have another early out in March.

I get people make mistakes, but there are continually posts on here with statements that aren’t true. I actually form opinions and then research the data to see if I’m correct. I have literally deleted posts after researching it.

There is a reason why Calipari is hated right now by his fans, and Barnes is a small reason for that (in addition to having a losing season followed by losing to a 15 seed), and I figure that is common knowledge.

Barnes isn’t going anywhere until he makes that decision for himself. It’s a non-starter.

Oh well, at least my expectations for the tournament will be low.

It should be every year with RB. That's just who he is.

I'm happy with him here. I appreciate the big regular season wins, winning the SEC tourney, being ranked, and getting better recruits for the most part.

If you want a coach that can get you to the sweet 16 or better, he ain't it

It should be every year with RB. That's just who he is.

I'm happy with him here. I appreciate the big regular season wins, winning the SEC tourney, being ranked, and getting better recruits for the most part.

If you want a coach that can get you to the sweet 16 or better, he ain't it
I hope CRB coaches here as long as he desires, but yo have a great point. Hey, maybe having low expectations will lead to a great surprise run! I had way higher expectations for other teams Bruce had than the one that made the Elite 8.

Reactions: vols 30
So how are we feeling about next years squad? Should we expect a reasonable step back since we’re losing so many guys?

20+ wins and getting bounced in the first weekend of the NCAA tourney is what I expect.

That’s pretty much what you get with Barnes led teams. Not a dig as it just is what it is. Anything beyond that is exceeding expectations.

Reactions: volhick
Today we had only one player on the floor that could start at several other SEC schools. That’s Vescovi. ZZ might start for a few. We would have a hard time getting a post player on anybody’s starting 5. That is unacceptable.
ZZ would start for every single SEC school except Kentucky and maybe Arkansas, WTF are you talking about??

Last edited:
Roberts doesn’t even start for UGA so… no.
Lol I don’t care who “starts”. ZZ was coming off the bench earlier this year as well. He’s their leading scorer and plays the most minutes on their team.

He’s coming back from a concussion iirc probably the only reason he has been coming off the bench since he came back.

Last edited:
Rick Barnes just needs to come in and find someone that can coach/recruit great offensive talent and schemes. Granted, some of our focus on defense hurts our offense but our play calling, ball movement, and shooting on offense is just bad.
Our shooting can be bad. Our ball movement and play calling is generally very good.

Reactions: volfan__18

VN Store

Back