Ellen Burstyn
Michael Caine

Interstellar Teaser Trailer
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WzHXI5HizQ[/youtube]

Interstellar Official Trailer #1
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gieJQejbHQ[/youtube]

Last edited:
christopher-nolans-interstellar-has-a-teaser-poster

While we wait for the new trailer for Christopher Nolan's sci-fi film Interstellar to be released, here's a teaser poster for it to tide us over. It really is kind of a beautiful poster design. I'm really excited about seeing what Nolan's vision of space is going to be like. Maybe they'll give us a glimpse of it in the new trailer. I've included the first teaser trailer for you to watch below if you want.

Interstellar chronicles the adventures of a group of explorers who make use of a newly discovered wormhole to surpass the limitations on human space travel and conquer the vast distances involved in an interstellar voyage.

The movie stars Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, Bill Irwin, John Lithgow, Casey Affleck, David Gyasi, Wes Bentley, Mackenzie Foy, Timothée Chalamet, Topher Grace, David Oyelowo, Ellen Burstyn, and Michael Caine. It's scheduled to be released in IMAX and 35mm theaters on November 7th, 2014.

I've been keeping an eye on the developments of this one for over a year now. Looks awesome. Seen the trailer a few months back, super bowl i think. MM voice over is striking.

Another Oscar for McCaughney?

Of course it's going to be an amazing film. Christopher Nolan is directing it. I've never even heard of this until I saw this thread.

This is my most anticipated movie of the year. Nolan, space travel, McCaughney, Hathaway, Chastain....Can't wait for this!

Only gripe is that Hathaway is in it, I dislike her A LOT. But the premise of this film is something I love, the importance of entering new eras of voyage and discovery is lost with most people right now. They need to realise there are further frontiers we have to pass if we want the fundamental questions about life and the universe to be answered. Movies like this usually get people thinking about the topic.

I hope it is like 'Contact' in that it is realistic in its portrayal of the universe, space travel, possible future scenarios.

Reactions: 2 people
I hope it is like 'Contact' in that it is realistic in its portrayal of the universe, space travel, possible future scenarios.

One of my all time favorite films! Which McConaughey was also in coincidence?

Carl Sagan is gone and I don't know the source of their scientifically based ideals or what variations of suspected future tech they will choose to employe. Maybe if Nolan did his research.

That preview did exactly what it should do. Leave you wanting more.

Though, part of the problem, if not for reading up on this I'd have no clue what said movie was about other than "space."

Here it is!!

Interstellar Official Trailer #1
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gieJQejbHQ[/youtube]

It's not Nolan that is pulling me towards this film but MM. Alright, alright!

Just by the very few shots in the trailer it looks like they might be utilizing some form of warping the Space-Time Continuum. Like that cylindrical machine floating in space some how created a gravitational bubble?

It's not Nolan that is pulling me towards this film but MM. Alright, alright!

Just by the very few shots in the trailer it looks like they might be utilizing some form of warping the Space-Time Continuum. Like that cylindrical machine floating in space some how created a gravitational bubble?

Folding of space and time to where two points normally great distances apart are much closer together giving the illusion of faster than light travel.

Maybe a different way of saying what you just said.

movie is based off of research by Kip Thorne....primarily focused on the theory that wormholes can be used for time travel.

VN Store

Back