Interstellar (November 7, 2014)

I bought this because I love the Sci-Fi genre even though I hadn't seen it yet. It was a good movie that got the science correct for once. Great visual effects and decent dialog.

That being said...

I think Nolan left a few things out there with a few question marks. The crash scene from the early part of the movie. He never really went into detail about what happened specifically. May have been important? Maybe not. But it was kind of left hanging there without being fully explained.

I know it would have screwed with the flow, but I can't be the only one that believed NASA would suddenly take a pilot they hadn't seen in years and toss him back into the mix so readily. And I would figure he would have at least taken a night to sleep on the idea. It might have extended the movie a bit, but it's NASA and they'd at least take his blood pressure or something.

What became of the Earth? It was heading downhill, but if a civilization has the ability to ability to solve gravity equations, you might think they'd be smart enough to come up with a cure for the blight. And as a minimum, save the okra.

I thought the revisionist history was funny. And probably true.

All in all, this screams for a director's cut version.

This has somehow flown under my radar; saw it for rent last evening and almost pulled the trigger. Having read this thread, it appears mandatory that I do so

Eh. I think I overhyped this one a little bit and ended up underwhelmed. Not bad, certainly...but eh.

This has somehow flown under my radar; saw it for rent last evening and almost pulled the trigger. Having read this thread, it appears mandatory that I do so

A great film in my opinion and definitely worth watching. I would rate it ahead of Inception and below Momento.

I thought it was pretty awesome, even though I agree with a lot of Grand Vol's comments.

A great film in my opinion and definitely worth watching. I would rate it ahead of Inception and below Momento.

Cool, I enjoyed both. Those movies demand your attention 100% of the time. Fall behind and your lost!

It just ended. To me it was choppy no clear finish

They could've gone on a little more about the story at the end. I would like to see a sequel or even a prequel but obviously it won't get one. There's a lot you can do with this film.

They could've gone on a little more about the story at the end. I would like to see a sequel or even a prequel but obviously it won't get one. There's a lot you can do with this film.

Why go through all the trouble of the whole 5th deminsion and then have him meet his daughter when she's old. It just didn't fit the story

Why go through all the trouble of the whole 5th deminsion and then have him meet his daughter when she's old. It just didn't fit the story

It was sweet for him to reunite with his daughter on her deathbed. He spent what was only a few days away but to her, it was 100 years.

He kept his word that he'd come back. Then he left to help Brand colonize the new planet.

They wanted to keep the science as real as possible, so having him go back to when she was young would have made no sense.

This movie was truly bad. Terrible, awful movie. Don't waste your time.

This movie was truly bad. Terrible, awful movie. Don't waste your time.
I wouldn't go that far but it definitely could have been added to by subtraction. It was 45 minutes plus to long and was interesting right up until the weird book case or what ever it was he was in? (I think, I haven't seen it since it was released on Blu-ray)

How did this thread on a 4 year old film get restarted?

Saw this at the Opry Mills IMAX at noon on a random Tuesday shortly after release. There were maybe 10 total people in the theater and I got to sit smack dab in the middle with no one obstructing my view. Easily the best movie theater experience of my life.

Reactions: tumscalcium

VN Store

Back