Interesting scenario.....thoughts?

The Original Fade

I have a close friend with a son set to play baseball for an SEC team in 2020/21 that is telling me there is a strong possibility that D1 athletic programs across the country are nearly at a consensus to flip sports for this year and 2021, meaning playing baseball in the fall since social distancing and close contact can be more controlled, and football in the Spring so that programs have more time to prepare and mitigate virus spread with the possibility of a vaccine being available.

Honestly, I would be ok with this. There was no mention of how to deal with basketball yet.

Thoughts?

College baseball regular season is 3 1/2 months plus conference tournaments plus college world series. Also add a couple of weeks before for practice.

If they plan on doing that, better start soon or the schools in the northern and mountain states will be playing in the snow not to mention Omaha isn't known for sun and warmth in late fall/winter .

Just play the damn games and stop being weak kneed sissies. Time to get back to life.

Are you one of those people constantly getting arrested on video at a Home Depot or Target for screaming at everyone that you don’t have to wear a mask and then coughing and spitting on people who ask you to wear one?

Honest question - If you're a legit first round draft pick, do you play a January-April football season? Pride and the love of the game isn't really top priority anymore. From a business and financial standpoint, I cannot think of any good reason for top draft picks to play, under this scenario.

Reactions: Vols All Day
Honest question - If you're a legit first round draft pick, do you play a January-April football season? Pride and the love of the game isn't really top priority anymore. From a business and financial standpoint, I cannot think of any good reason for top draft picks to play, under this scenario.

Agreed. The question is how deep does this go b/c there are many who will not be 1rst rounders, who think they are, or have a chance to be, even 2nd rounders...you get the drift.

Are you one of those people constantly getting arrested on video at a Home Depot or Target for screaming at everyone that you don’t have to wear a mask and then coughing and spitting on people who ask you to wear one?
Nope. If forced to I will wear a mask. I am forced to at work.

No, you don’t play. If there’s football in the spring it will be without most of the top talented Jrs and Srs.

Nope, if a player is projected to go in the first 3 rounds they shouldn't play a spring season.

I have a close friend with a son set to play baseball for an SEC team in 2020/21 that is telling me there is a strong possibility that D1 athletic programs across the country are nearly at a consensus to flip sports for this year and 2021, meaning playing baseball in the fall since social distancing and close contact can be more controlled, and football in the Spring so that programs have more time to prepare and mitigate virus spread with the possibility of a vaccine being available.

Honestly, I would be ok with this. There was no mention of how to deal with basketball yet.

Thoughts?

Some of you may not like this but there are many videos out there (most of which have been squashed, and the doctors producing them threatened with loss of medical practice) from family doctors and others that have been SUCCESSFULLY treating people with the virus with, yes, Hydroxychloroquine, anti-virals, and Zinc. I had to take a weekly dose of quinine for an entire year in Vietnam to prevent malaria and those who contracted it got more frequent doses. This virus in many ways, acts like malaria. The elites who have much invested in vaccines and stand to profit greatly have swayed the mainstream media and many politicians into thinking that we MUST wait for the almighty vaccine. Fauci, Gates and many others are at fault here. We need to get back to life, protect the vulnerable, quarantine the sick (NOT THE WELL PEOPLE), and use common sense measures to mitigate this virus. And for God's sake, whoever unleashed this menace on the world HAS to be punished in the most severe way regardless of who it was/is. Just about the entire world economy has suffered and if there is another shut down it could cause a crash of the world economy, which would hurt every man, woman and child in the world.

We will have football this fall. My son plays for a D2 school and they start practice this coming Monday. The NCAA is allowing coach's to work with them and to have meetings since there was no spring practice. They go straight into start of fall camp on Aug 5th. We have less than 1% of the US population with the virus so stop with all the doom and gloom just do your own research and do the math the panic is more political than anything in my opinion.

With cases surging across the south, having a fall season for college sports seems almost impossible. Player safety has to come first. The Ivy League has already moved the fall sports to spring with others to likely follow suit. I totally get that having a spring season makes starting the fall 2021 difficult as best. My recommendation would be to play a conference only schedule in the spring with no post season play. Expand the rosters temporarily for the spring and fall to accommodate the schedule slip and the overlap of recruiting classes. The fall season would be played as a regular season. Once the fall 2021/22 season is completed, roster sizes and recruiting limitations would be partially reinstated. The spring would bring a total glut of sports being played, but what choice do we have.

We will have football this fall. My son plays for a D2 school and they start practice this coming Monday. The NCAA is allowing coach's to work with them and to have meetings since there was no spring practice. They go straight into start of fall camp on Aug 5th. We have less than 1% of the US population with the virus so stop with all the doom and gloom just do your own research and do the math the panic is more political than anything in my opinion.

A lot more than 1% of LSU and Clemson’s football rosters have been infected since June.

if I was trey smith or Justin fields or Trevor Lawrence I wouldn’t play

VN Store

Back