Interesting scenario.....thoughts?

I'm still trying to figure out how an abbreviated season of sports addresses " the virus" ? Either play the damn season or shut it down. How does half ass solve anything

Prolly doesn't but in the projection of things COVID - first you have to ease the peeps into a season abbreviated to a season - ain't happening.

Reactions: 08Vol
Honest question - If you're a legit first round draft pick, do you play a January-April football season? Pride and the love of the game isn't really top priority anymore. From a business and financial standpoint, I cannot think of any good reason for top draft picks to play, under this scenario.

So what you’re saying is we have a shot at beating Bama and UGA if the season is moved to the spring. I’m down

Some of you may not like this but there are many videos out there (most of which have been squashed, and the doctors producing them threatened with loss of medical practice) from family doctors and others that have been SUCCESSFULLY treating people with the virus with, yes, Hydroxychloroquine, anti-virals, and Zinc. I had to take a weekly dose of quinine for an entire year in Vietnam to prevent malaria and those who contracted it got more frequent doses. This virus in many ways, acts like malaria. The elites who have much invested in vaccines and stand to profit greatly have swayed the mainstream media and many politicians into thinking that we MUST wait for the almighty vaccine. Fauci, Gates and many others are at fault here. We need to get back to life, protect the vulnerable, quarantine the sick (NOT THE WELL PEOPLE), and use common sense measures to mitigate this virus. And for God's sake, whoever unleashed this menace on the world HAS to be punished in the most severe way regardless of who it was/is. Just about the entire world economy has suffered and if there is another shut down it could cause a crash of the world economy, which would hurt every man, woman and child in the world.

So there is an easy way to treat this GLOBAL pandemic and every country is keeping it hidden to benefit elites in a few countries. Maybe the videos you’ve seen are inaccurate and the reason almost every country has dealt with this virus the same way is because that is the best way to deal with it.

If these elites are covering up an easy treatment why don’t they just pump out some placebo vaccine and then use the easy treatment to help those that continue to get sick? How was it possible to silence so many virologists across the globe who are studying this? Many of these virologists are grad students working in university labs.

The global elites already influence pretty much everything and control the majority of global wealth. Bill Gates creating a fake vaccine to get rich makes no sense since 1) he’s already worth $100 billion and 2) he has been giving his money away for years. If he hadn’t given away almost $50 billion then he would easily be the richest person in the world.

Reactions: BenGrimm
So there is an easy way to treat this GLOBAL pandemic and every country is keeping it hidden to benefit elites in a few countries. Maybe the videos you’ve seen are inaccurate and the reason almost every country has dealt with this virus the same way is because that is the best way to deal with it.

If these elites are covering up an easy treatment why don’t they just pump out some placebo vaccine and then use the easy treatment to help those that continue to get sick? How was it possible to silence so many virologists across the globe who are studying this? Many of these virologists are grad students working in university labs.

The global elites already influence pretty much everything and control the majority of global wealth. Bill Gates creating a fake vaccine to get rich makes no sense since 1) he’s already worth $100 billion and 2) he has been giving his money away for years. If he hadn’t given away almost $50 billion then he would easily be the richest person in the world.

lol

Reactions: Purple Tiger
My question is how do we flip back?! If we have a football season in the Spring, do we have another a few months later in the Fall?

Both would be shortened seasons. Fall 2021 starts a month later and would be 8 conference games and 1 OOC game. No bowl games in Spring 2021 or only NY6 bowls and playoffs. Playoffs could also be replaced with BCS style championship game after the end of the season. Conference championship games can be removed and go back to old way of awarding conference championship.

Simple answer is there isn’t a good solution and the powers that be will pick from a list of bad solutions and try to find the least bad option.

Honest question - If you're a legit first round draft pick, do you play a January-April football season? Pride and the love of the game isn't really top priority anymore. From a business and financial standpoint, I cannot think of any good reason for top draft picks to play, under this scenario.
under this scenario the NFL should move the draft to June

I have a close friend with a son set to play baseball for an SEC team in 2020/21 that is telling me there is a strong possibility that D1 athletic programs across the country are nearly at a consensus to flip sports for this year and 2021, meaning playing baseball in the fall since social distancing and close contact can be more controlled, and football in the Spring so that programs have more time to prepare and mitigate virus spread with the possibility of a vaccine being available.

Honestly, I would be ok with this. There was no mention of how to deal with basketball yet.

Thoughts?

Honestly, this is Karen's idea isn't it?

Don’t flip it.
If it’s meant to be played they’ll play.
The AA will have no part in willingly exposing players to the virus.

Awwwe. Do they have a runny nose

The problem isn’t young people like healthy athletes, it’s older, more vulnerable people they may come in contact with - like their own coaches for instance. Their parents they may come in contact with, professors, etc. Educate yourself a bit.

Reactions: VolFaninFla
The problem isn’t young people like healthy athletes, it’s older, more vulnerable people they may come in contact with - like their own coaches for instance. Their parents they may come in contact with, professors, etc. Educate yourself a bit.

Then compromised people can stay home. This is so easy to solve.

Reactions: N.ohio vol
Some of you may not like this but there are many videos out there (most of which have been squashed, and the doctors producing them threatened with loss of medical practice) from family doctors and others that have been SUCCESSFULLY treating people with the virus with, yes, Hydroxychloroquine, anti-virals, and Zinc. I had to take a weekly dose of quinine for an entire year in Vietnam to prevent malaria and those who contracted it got more frequent doses. This virus in many ways, acts like malaria. The elites who have much invested in vaccines and stand to profit greatly have swayed the mainstream media and many politicians into thinking that we MUST wait for the almighty vaccine. Fauci, Gates and many others are at fault here. We need to get back to life, protect the vulnerable, quarantine the sick (NOT THE WELL PEOPLE), and use common sense measures to mitigate this virus. And for God's sake, whoever unleashed this menace on the world HAS to be punished in the most severe way regardless of who it was/is. Just about the entire world economy has suffered and if there is another shut down it could cause a crash of the world economy, which would hurt every man, woman and child in the world.

This is what happens when you restrict your news intake to Fox News, OANN, and Facebook posts.

I'm 72. You Joe Biden?:rolleyes:

VN Store

Back