Interesting read about a new Lady Vols coach

"Walz, with his ability as a game strategist and recruiter, is ideally qualified to return Tennessee to its dynastic status, or at least as close as it can get now that dynasties are more difficult to maintain in the women’s game."

Can't think of a better reason to hire him.

Last edited:
I guessing we would have to at least pay him 2.5 million a year and I don't see that happening.
so you make a guess and then put no confidence in your guess ? LOL

xstxr.jpg

I guessing we would have to at least pay him 2.5 million a year and I don't see that happening.

According to the podcast with John Adams (who seems to favor Walz), the first year would be close to $4 million including the two buyouts.

Last edited:
Well i guess we got to get one of our own Pat might leap out of the grave and give Phil that look. I just don't understand why we don't go after the best out there i guess if you just wont to be in the middle out of the pact in the SEC then thats alright.

I think if we had someone that would stop by his office and write him a check for about 15 million he would hire Walz just on that gesture alone especially if the reason for giving him the money was to guarantee he hire Walz. I doubt we have anybody that will do that who really cares enough about the women's game to let go of the money. I figure the Haslam's want Kellie and evidently most of the other boosters do also. Kicking the can down the road has happened at Tennessee before. We are still no where near assured that Pruitt is gonna be successful. So figuring that they can hire Kellie and she might be outstanding and they look like big winners saving big money and getting the program elite again is a gamble they are willing to take. It gets all the old people and women supporting the team back in the arena for two or three years and she might turn out to be the savior and go on a Pat Summitt type run. Then she also might fail but at least we still have the money.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I think if we had someone that would stop by his office and write him a check for about 15 million he would hire Walz just on that gesture alone especially if the reason for giving him the money was to guarantee he hire Walz. I doubt we have anybody that will do that who really cares enough about the women's game to let go of the money. I figure the Haslam's want Kellie and evidently most of the other boosters do also. Kicking the can down the road has happened at Tennessee before. We are still no where near assured that Pruitt is gonna be successful. So figuring that they can hire Kellie and she might be outstanding and they look like big winners saving big money and getting the program elite again is a gamble they are willing to take. It gets all the old people and women supporting the team back in the arena for two or three years and she might turn out to be the savior and go on a Pat Summitt type run. Then she also might fail but at least we still have the money.
Then hire an inexpensive no-name from Podunk U(That Tennessee fans will have to look up on Wikipedia to know who they are)in 5 years if Kellie Jollie Harper reverts to her North Carolina State coaching form.:rolleyes:

Then hire an inexpensive no-name from Podunk U(That Tennessee fans will have to look up on Wikipedia to know who they are)in 5 years if Kellie Jollie Harper reverts to her North Carolina State coaching form.:rolleyes:

Actually if Kellie is hired Fulmer has two coaches to worry about Pruitt and Kellie both might be great and both might fail I guess his legacy as Ad depends on what they do. I mean I like Pruitt but we could've hired someone with a much better resume at least Kellie has been a head coach. I think Pruitt is on the right track year two is huge. For Kellie if hired year one will be huge she already has the talent in place unlike what Pruitt inherited.

Actually if Kellie is hired Fulmer has two coaches to worry about Pruitt and Kellie both might be great and both might fail I guess his legacy as Ad depends on what they do. I mean I like Pruitt but we could've hired someone with a much better resume at least Kellie has been a head coach. I think Pruitt is on the right track year two is huge. For Kellie if hired year one will be huge she already has the talent in place unlike what Pruitt inherited.
Pruitt is nowhere near as big a roll of the dice as KJH would be.

I have a feeling Phil Fulmer will be retired by 2023 and if either Jeremy Pruitt or Kellie Jolly Harper or both have to be fired it will be a different Athletic Director doing the firing.

Last edited:
Reactions: TenUhSee
Pruitt is nowhere near as big a roll of the dice as KJH would be.
Well I tend to disagree as he has to build the talent and at this time still has not proven that he will be a success as a head coach she will already have the talent doesn't have to recruit anybody in year one. Will be a much better roster than Holly had both in talent and experience. If she can't get it done with what she has on the roster and what is coming in to 25 or more wins yes she has failed but that still has to happen. I had rather have a talented roster to begin than have to build one. He was only 5 and 7 first time around and that was great with the Jones sorry roster now expectations after a second recruiting class is a lot higher 8 or 9 wins expected. She just had a 25 win season with a mid major school and beat two power five teams to get to the elite 16 that says she may have some ability so I can see them rolling the dice with her and don't think the gamble is any bigger than giving the reigns of a once elite football program to another guy that has never coached. Her expectations will be higher than his because what Holly at least done is left her a talented roster.

The Haslams and football boosters don't care who coaches WBB. The LVs have no big money donors. UT used to be one of only three WBB programs with more than $1M in annual donations, but those days are long gone. Pat was the donations driver for the LVs program. People supported her, and WBB benefited. Now a lot of that money goes to her foundation and endowments.

VN Store

Back