Interesting read about a new Lady Vols coach

The Haslams and football boosters don't care who coaches WBB. The LVs have no big money donors. UT used to be one of only three WBB programs with more than $1M in annual donations, but those days are long gone. Pat was the donations driver for the LVs program. People supported her, and WBB benefited. Now a lot of that money goes to her foundation and endowments.
Are you saying that Fulmer doesn't have an unlimited pile of money to throw at a women's basketball coach?

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
I think it's short sighted to focus only on the money that it takes to get a top coach. Take care of the winning and the money will follow through a reversal of sagging season ticket sales, increased concessions, and merchandising royalties. Fulmer should not let the special program Pat built completely die in an effort to save a couple million at the outset.

I think it's short sighted to focus only on the money that it takes to get a top coach. Take care of the winning and the money will follow through a reversal of sagging season ticket sales, increased concessions, and merchandising royalties. Fulmer should not let the special program Pat built completely die in an effort to save a couple million at the outset.

Bingo

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
tenor.gif

Then we forget Walz and go after Mulkey, who has two NC with a third on the horizon.

I think it is unfair to assume that a Jolly-Harper hire will be a disaster. Initially, it would be better to hire a successful Power Five coach, however, we have no sure bet one will accept the job. Instead of worrying about a Jolly-Harper hire maybe we need to wait and see.

I think if we had someone that would stop by his office and write him a check for about 15 million he would hire Walz just on that gesture alone especially if the reason for giving him the money was to guarantee he hire Walz. I doubt we have anybody that will do that who really cares enough about the women's game to let go of the money.

But, but "ethics"!!! :rolleyes:
(100% spot on btw)...

I am tired of four years of mediocracy and have all but quit watching as it is so depressing. Let’s hire him so we can play Tennessee Waltz at home games!

VN Store

Back