Interesting Holly interview

Holly is a very important figure in Lady Vol history and she’ll always have a special place in my heart. So I am truly happy to read that she’s interested in coaching again and hope the right situation comes up soon.

Kinda sounds like she wouldn’t mind at all being a recruiting coordinator, and her sweet personality would make her perfect for that job — IF a program she really likes, in an area she’d like to live, comes a-calling.

Much love and luck to Holly! I have to say that I wish she’d make an announced appearance at a home game so that we fans could show her some love one last time.
Recruiting coordinator, great, but not head coach..

Reactions: mytenn
where did you see that Coach J would have been paid by UT to advise anyone? The player wanted and asked for his expertise. No violation at all. move on, troll

where did you see that Coach J would have been paid by UT to advise anyone? The player wanted and asked for his expertise. No violation at all. move on, troll

I didn't see that anywhere and that is not at all what i said. My post was about the supposed role Holly played in keeping her players from working with CJ during their off season, voluntary activities. That intervention would have been an NCAA violation.

This will easily be resolved by Coach Jumper providing the relevant email(s). In fact, the UTAD, and the NCAA would likely be very interested in such a revelation.
Setting that aside, your “troll” label was an unfounded rush to judgment.

Upon review (I am sooo sloooow) you fellows appear to have patched things in fine fashion. So, please allow me to apologize as well.

Reactions: madtownvol
Warlick could help design pinball machines. There’s a device where the ball is supposed be slung all over the place. And that way her loyalty could remain with Tennessee.

Otherwise, she might look at the WNBA. That makes sense to me.

Reactions: VolBall09
I hope she does go coach a D1 team and is a success somewhere, far far away.... j/k

She truly is a narcissist IMO everything was always I, I, I...Me, Me, Me.

Would be the best for everyone involved if she stayed as far away from the current program as possible and stopped mentioning UT and doing press. Just another distraction.

Noted at the end of the article:

“Warlick’s comments came at Monday’s BreakThrough Digital Leadership Summit in Lincoln, Nebraska.”

This was nothing Holly solicited. This was from an event she was invited to attend.

Whether you like it or not, there are a lot of people, who think a whole lot of Holly (and that includes the new Lady Vols coach and some people that thought she needed to be replaced) and, as someone else noted, she is “an important part of Lady Vol history.” She helped build that program and has the right to discuss it if she wants.

Did you even read it? She said not one negative thing and took responsibility for some things many on this board complained about. And if you think she is a narcissist then you do not know her at all.

She truly is a narcissist IMO everything was always I, I, I...Me, Me, Me.

Would be the best for everyone involved if she stayed as far away from the current program as possible and stopped mentioning UT and doing press. Just another distraction.

Insecurity is how I might describe her, from the time she became the LV's head coach to the end.
Other than that period she was a great fit for UT, from the time as a player up to the time she became head coach.

Reactions: lvocd and VolBall09
50-Best-Wishes-For-The-Future-49.jpg

There, I've said it all.

Noted at the end of the article:

“Warlick’s comments came at Monday’s BreakThrough Digital Leadership Summit in Lincoln, Nebraska.”

This was nothing Holly solicited. This was from an event she was invited to attend.

Whether you like it or not, there are a lot of people, who think a whole lot of Holly (and that includes the new Lady Vols coach and some people that thought she needed to be replaced) and, as someone else noted, she is “an important part of Lady Vol history.” She helped build that program and has the right to discuss it if she wants.

Did you even read it? She said not one negative thing and took responsibility for some things many on this board complained about. And if you think she is a narcissist then you do not know her at all.

I stand by what I said. I do not know Holly personally, only by how she presented herself to the public during her time as coach. As I stated, it is my opinion, that she came across narcissistic and incompetent.

I did read the article and she is STILL blaming others. “One is, take time to choose your staff. You gotta have that loyalty, and you’ve got to be on the same page” blah blah blah. Every staff member that left her program ended up at a more successful program during her tenure. Leadership is top down, not the other way around. More “poor me” “not my fault.” She did take a sliver of accountability for being slow to communicate with parents, commendable.

I’m sure she is a lovely woman personally. She always seemed jovial and kind. That being said, she is a lousy head basketball coach and she ran a once dominant program straight into the ground.

I also stand by my preference that she not reference her previous job in any context. It’s déclassé to continue to speak about a position from which you were fired, particularly in coaching. Pretty easy to change the subject and bring the conversation around to a new talking point (something that isn’t Holly’s strong suit.)

I understand some of you old timers will defend her to the end of the earth, but the facts remain. She needs to move on and let sleeping dogs lie.

I stand by what I said. I do not know Holly personally, only by how she presented herself to the public during her time as coach. As I stated, it is my opinion, that she came across narcissistic and incompetent.

I did read the article and she is STILL blaming others. “One is, take time to choose your staff. You gotta have that loyalty, and you’ve got to be on the same page” blah blah blah. Every staff member that left her program ended up at a more successful program during her tenure. Leadership is top down, not the other way around. More “poor me” “not my fault.” She did take a sliver of accountability for being slow to communicate with parents, commendable.

I’m sure she is a lovely woman personally. She always seemed jovial and kind. That being said, she is a lousy head basketball coach and she ran a once dominant program straight into the ground.

I also stand by my preference that she not reference her previous job in any context. It’s déclassé to continue to speak about a position from which you were fired, particularly in coaching. Pretty easy to change the subject and bring the conversation around to a new talking point (something that isn’t Holly’s strong suit.)

I understand some of you old timers will defend her to the end of the earth, but the facts remain. She needs to move on and let sleeping dogs lie.

Well I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. Happy weekend! 😊

I agree, you too! I do enjoy interacting with you on here and love your passion and clarity on your posts.

Thank you very much - I feel the same about you! In the end... we all want the program to thrive. Here’s hoping we are headed in that direction! 🙏🏻

I also stand by my preference that she not reference her previous job in any context. It’s déclassé to continue to speak about a position from which you were fired, particularly in coaching. Pretty easy to change the subject and bring the conversation around to a new talking point (something that isn’t Holly’s strong suit.).

I can agree with much of your post, but this part I pasted in would be extremely difficult for anyone in her unique position to do.

First and foremost, Warlick is a LVFL — nearly literally, as she was born in Knoxville and wanted to be a Lady Vol so bad that she walked on as a freshman. She later became an all-American and, as you know, the first basketball player (female or male) to have their jersey retired.

So, Holly will FOREVER be a Lady Vol like every other former Lady Vol, only Holly’s connection is even more significant than any other former LV (including Pat Summitt) in that she will also forever have the distinction of having been an active participant in Tennessee athletics for more years than anyone else has or likely ever will.

With all that history and rightful ongoing connection as a LVFL, there is NO WAY she should be expected to never speak about the Lady Vols again. It’s part of her DNA more than any other Lady Vol.

The Holly we each see will be unique to each individual
Some saw the professional side of her and saw her in season pass get-togethers or at QB club invitations,,,,so they each see a different Holly

I too have my vision when her name is mentioned...Head scratching, brow furrowed and "I just don't know" verbalized

I hope CHW finds a team and happiness
(just not here,,,too complicating)

She IS a VFL as she gave a large portion of her years to this university and its BB program and is associated with it.
I simply have to accept that and let her live her life.
As long as she doesn't purposely attack this U, "shine on coach"
,,,all of us wish we were important enough
to be interviewed

I can agree with much of your post, but this part I pasted in would be extremely difficult for anyone in her unique position to do.

First and foremost, Warlick is a LVFL — nearly literally, as she was born in Knoxville and wanted to be a Lady Vol so bad that she walked on as a freshman. She later became an all-American and, as you know, the first basketball player (female or male) to have their jersey retired.

So, Holly will FOREVER be a Lady Vol like every other former Lady Vol, only Holly’s connection is even more significant than any other former LV (including Pat Summitt) in that she will also forever have the distinction of having been an active participant in Tennessee athletics for more years than anyone else has or likely ever will.

With all that history and rightful ongoing connection as a LVFL, there is NO WAY she should be expected to never speak about the Lady Vols again. It’s part of her DNA more than any other Lady Vol.

Exactly... so perfectly said... and that is why it sucks so bad that it ended the way that it did. Damn it!

The Holly we each see will be unique to each individual
Some saw the professional side of her and saw her in season pass get-togethers or at QB club invitations,,,,so they each see a different Holly

I too have my vision when her name is mentioned...Head scratching, brow furrowed and "I just don't know" verbalized

I hope CHW finds a team and happiness
(just not here,,,too complicating)

She IS a VFL as she gave a large portion of her years to this university and its BB program and is associated with it.
I simply have to accept that and let her live her life.
As long as she doesn't purposely attack this U, "shine on coach"
,,,all of us wish we were important enough
to be interviewed

She would never.

Reactions: Coach Jumper

VN Store

Back