Interesting comment by Pruitt during his postgame press conference

Everyone we beat was 7-5 or less...

Only 2 were under .500, which is a losing record.

7-5 or better = winning record.
6-6 = bland. neither here nor there, but not losing.
5-6 or worse = losing record.

Conversely UF, who went 10-2...

Of 10 overall wins, only 3 FBS opponents were above .500. Another 2 wins against FCS opponents that were 7-5, verses only one game for us against FCS. Their only quality win was against a 9-3 Auburn team. So, even at 10-2, they only have 1 quality win. Nothing we can do about how the opponents work out down the stretch.
tenor.gif

Reactions: GVF
We beat the teams in conference we were supposed to beat. Something we haven’t done in forever. We’re not yet to the point of complaining about the quality of conference wins, imo. We took care of business in the conference, if you will.
We were only favored in one so I think November we did better than expected. I also think it took that long for the team to buy in. And sorry thought I was on last page. Lol

Last edited:
Asked about how far the program has come...

"Unless you were here the first day that I walked in this building, I don't think you understand how far we actually have come. Coach Fulmer was here. It's a long ways. I can assure you that."
Dooley and Butch said the same thing. Not quite word for word but still, the same thing. Remember: "Butch Gets It". Those three words were put on this board about 25,000 times.

Dooley and Butch said the same thing. Not quite word for word but still, the same thing. Remember: "Butch Gets It". Those three words were put on this board about 25,000 times.
I just thought it was interesting that he believes things were a lot worse than people realize. Don’t care anymore about whether or not Butch and Dooley got it. I hope Pruitt gets it. Time will tell.

Reactions: ib4ut1
I'm curious who all of the still doubting CJP crowd would prefer as head coach? Scott Frost and Chip Kelly were on the wish list before CJP was hired, they're both tearing it up in year 2 and inherited the same or better situation. Gruden? Really, was never gonna happen and me personally I'm glad he isn't here. Mullen, good coach poor recruiting, but wish he wasn't at Florida. Kiffin? Behr just absolutely nailed it about that idiot. Gundy, so glad I don't have to look at the mullet watching Vols, and CJP is a better coach. Leach, I admit it would be fun and I swear I would have went to Neyland in an orange pirate suit, well just because. Doreen, oh hades no. Schiano? Hahahaha. Peterson was mentioned he just quit at Washington. Patterson, ain't leaving for Vols. Cut? Likely to retire at Duke. My point is CJP did indeed inherit a mess as Freak's OP began this discussion, but just who do you guys wish we had hired? I'm glad we have CJP and feel the future is bright, defense is gonna be stingy nasty from here on out. Defense wins championships.

We were only favored in one so I think November we did better than expected. I also think it took that long for the team to buy in. And sorry thought I was on last page. Lol
I think the first two games are a new head coach learning that he should have dealt with some toxic crap before the season. I doubt we have any more like that again.

The first two games were Pruitt dealing with the past. Perhaps he wasn't forceful enough in setting expectations and getting rid of dead weight. Hardly inexcusable because of the challenge in getting players who were not a part of your vision to buy in. Thankfully he was able to get this core group of players to circle the waggon and buy in, that was the spark and they responded.

Pruitt is learning to be a head coach, next year will be a challenge but he's on the right track, there may be setbacks but if he can continue to close and develop we will close the ground between us and the next level in the the conference.

VN Store

Back