Interesting comment by Pruitt during his postgame press conference

too many people speak in absolutes.
I now think this guy is the best actual coach we’ve had since Fulmer. I suspect based upon improvement this year that he’ll have us competitive again at some point. How quickly will be based on how fast he continues to improve. It will be interesting to see how we start the next season

I hope you right. I want him in the CFHOF wearing the power T.

Yeah hog. You don’t know nuffin’

Go back and look for his posts after the BYU loss.....
I guarantee you he's in that crowd of idiots who believed the sky was falling around CJP.......
You all know who you are!

I predicted 4-4 in the SEC this year...and a 7-5 or 8-4 overall finish.
CJP and crew finished 5-3 in the SEC.

It is true that only 3 of our 5 conference wins were against teams who finished at .500 or above--with KY finishing 7-5.
So I suppose that's a convenient stat if you're looking for an excuse to retain your cynicism.

But that cynicism only makes you look stupid now!
Watch the BAMA game again and see just how close we were to competing for a W in that game on the road.

We're playing up to 8 FR every game....2 on the OL who have started most of the year in the SEC.
And 2 on Defense who have performed very well---with Henry T. an obvious choice for SEC FR of the year...

And I'm not over-reacting in the "after glow".

This team has had the dead wood trimmed away....
This team's DL has learned how to play the game.
This team's OL--even with 2 FR--has taken over some games with upperclassmen on the DL.

GO VOLS!

Maybe I don’t have a high football IQ but can you tell me with your high football IQ who we beat with more talent than we have?

It doesn't matter what my FB IQ is....you can shove that sarcasm of yours where the sun doesn't shine.
It still won't hide your ignorance.

Why don't you do some of our own research before shooting your mouth off?

2019 Southeastern Conference Player Passing Stats | ESPN

Look...I get it......If CJP falls flat on his face next year you can show up and tell all of us-- "I TOLD YOU SO!"

But, good luck with that.

Last edited:
Reactions: vols40
I’ve heard that too but how is it possible. We’ve only had handful of players leave the program and we’ve signed full classes each year? How can we be 20+ scholarship players short?

I feel the exact same way. Some of that is definitely coach talk. I remember Dooley correcting the media by calling his first year year zero. He said it wasn’t fair to call it year 1 things were “so bad” when he showed up. Lol. There were a lot of really good players when Pruitt got here. In fact, more so than there are now because his first 2 recruiting classes haven’t been that great. That means the cumulative roster is going down a little bit. I

Reactions: 08Vol
Look I am as happy as the next guy at the turnaround but let’s be real. Damn near everyone we beat was worse then last year. On top of that our best win is over a 7 win Kentucky team.

Also had some big margin losses. Still a lot of work to be done. But I do believe a culture shift is afoot, and that had to take place before any solid seasons will happen.

Come on man.
What? The thread is about the fact that we’ve made progress and we’ve come further than most even realize. We have to compete with the big boys eventually, and nobody truly knows if Pruitt can get us to an elite level, but we can celebrate the progress we’ve seen the last two seasons. You don’t have to fall in love to recognize progress, that’s all.

I mean, we just won seven games, five in the conference, broke the Vandy and South Carolina streaks, went undefeated in November, are bowl bound for the first time in way too long, finished a respectable third in the East and some of you guys feel the need to be all “I’m not sold! Too many excuses!”

You come on, man. Lol.

Look I am as happy as the next guy at the turnaround but let’s be real. Damn near everyone we beat was worse then last year. On top of that our best win is over a 7 win Kentucky team.
We beat the teams in conference we were supposed to beat. Something we haven’t done in forever. We’re not yet to the point of complaining about the quality of conference wins, imo. We took care of business in the conference, if you will.

Can’t recall a single excuse. Maybe you have him mixed up with one or both of our previous two HC’s?

Pruitt has said and done plenty of things that would be blasted by the fans if Butch had done them. And they will all be dredged-up if Pruitt fails. But he hasn't failed yet, so he gets a pass for now. That's just the way fans are.

Reactions: 08Vol
Also had some big margin losses. Still a lot of work to be done. But I do believe a culture shift is afoot, and that had to take place before any solid seasons will happen.

In the past the team had a tendency to quit when behind and I see that has changed.

Reactions: Willy999 and Freak
Pruitt has said and done plenty of things that would be blasted by the fans if Butch had done them. And they will all be dredged-up if Pruitt fails. But he hasn't failed yet, so he gets a pass for now. That's just the way fans are.
Name one...since there’s “plenty”.

I’ve heard that too but how is it possible. We’ve only had handful of players leave the program and we’ve signed full classes each year? How can we be 20+ scholarship players short?

We counted it on here earlier this season. I think the number is around 67 with around a dozen seniors leaving. We don’t have a full roster next year, either, but it should be better.

Can he bring in a top 15 recruiting class this year though? cause right now our class sucks
We're currently ranked 20th in the nation by 247, that sucks? We also have a 2* punter which brings our ranking down and only 18 commits. It's highly likely our ranking improves a few slots. How does that suck?

Reactions: tntar heel

VN Store

Back