Interesting comment by Pruitt during his postgame press conference

No I didn’t.

Sorry but the guy still has a lot of work to do before I fall in love with him.

Lol. Nope sure didn’t watch what he had to say, however, I’ll make an uninformed comment, you know just because for some reason I don’t like him. Even though he wasn’t making excuses and took responsibility.... which is what I said he didn’t do..... 😂, this world is messed up because of people like you.

Reactions: Pride85
I am well pleased with Pruitt with the exception of qb choices. I don't understand how and why he sticks with jg, after his mistakes and is very quick to pull the other two qb at just the hint of a mistake. They don't have to throw an int. or fumble to get pulled. Just don't understand they whys. Like today jg started out terrible, not just bad, but terrible.
I strongly suspect that if you had been making QB decisions we would have ended up with three wins.

Last edited:
See? Read all that and didn’t get an “excuse” out of it. Won’t hate on your take of it if you return the favor.

Some of those are closer to excuses than anything Butch ever said, IMO. And Pruitt gets a pass because he occasionally utters the standard coach's disclaimer that ultimate responsibility rests with him. Butch said the same thing, but it's mostly forgotten or dismissed in hindsight.

And you did not just ask for excuses, BTW. My point was that Pruitt has said dumb things similar to those Butch is often criticized for. That's why I included some items that are clearly not intended to be examples of excuses. You asked me to be specific, so I obliged.

The point I'm trying to make is that none of this is new. Pruitt gets a pass now because we still have hope. Past coaches get roasted for petty things that pretty much all coaches say and do. The only thing that really matters is results. Our coach could be the goofiest clown God ever created and we would love him as long as he won.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Can he bring in a top 15 recruiting class this year though? cause right now our class sucks
That's what I keep saying. The development on the field is obvious. But the ceiling will remain relatively low if we can't pull in better recruiting classes. Frankly I'm a bit shocked at how poor our class looks right now.

Recruiting needs to improve. Complicated in this day and age. Cant expect to be in contention for the east with finishing in the bottom half in recruiting.

Gotta agree. The team was in the dumps when he first arrived. And in year 2 we go 5-3 in the SEC. Not great by any means, but compared to the 4-8, 0-8 in the sec team he started with its miles better.
We are the 6th best team in the SEC. That's amazing considering the past 10+ years imo. Im happy with it just wanna get this bowl win and continue improving in the off season. Hope we don't ever over look the first game again and I hope we beat Oklahoma next year.

Are you really trying to say that the talent Mizzou and Vandy didn't have better talent than us last year???

Let me ask you a question--have you even played the game past the youth leagues in your town??

Mikevol
You don't remember all the NFL Draft picks we lost from last year?

Yes, I’m saying we had more talent than Mizzou and Vandy last year.

Yes, I did play past youth league. I actually have a NAIA NC ring so I played a little football in my day.

End thread. He has NAIA NC ring

Some of those are closer to excuses than anything Butch ever said, IMO. And Pruitt gets a pass because he occasionally utters the standard coach's disclaimer that ultimate responsibility rests with him. Butch said the same thing, but it's mostly forgotten or dismissed in hindsight.

And you did not just ask for excuses, BTW. My point was that Pruitt has said dumb things similar to those Butch is often criticized for. That's why I included some items that are clearly not intended to be examples of excuses. You asked me to be specific, so I obliged.

The point I'm trying to make is that none of this is new. Pruitt gets a pass now because we still have hope. Past coaches get roasted for petty things that pretty much all coaches say and do. The only thing that really matters is results. Our coach could be the goofiest clown God ever created and we would love him as long as he won.
As I posted...OPINION. Ours don’t mesh. Straightest shooter we’ve had at HC since maybe Majors...and Johnny would throw some riddles at you.

Reactions: RollerVol
We didn't crap the bed at the end of last year....Mizzou and Vandy had MUCH BETTER TALENT than we did last year.

We didn't have a very good team last year....and our OL was absolutely TERRIBLE!

Fulmer seems to understand that fact in the comments he made after the season ended last year.
But I guess that means nothing to you or the Hogg-head because you guys know more about football than AD Fulmer and CJP.
I'm going to add to this.. UT was gassed at the end of last year. If you don't understand why they were then you (not meaning you @MikeVol44) weren't keeping up and don't know much about S&C, on top of having quitters on the team that weren't buying into Pruitt and staff.

-Pruitt takes over a program that is mostly lazy, out of shape and not buying in. Players were faking injuries to get out of practice under Jones. Jones was letting certain players not practice but still played. I don't want to get into all the injuries this caused.
-By the time we get to the Vandy / Mizzo games.. The Vols were gassed. Vandy / Mizzo weren't. These teams were in shape at the beginning of the season from their programs being consistent, UT was not. Takes a lot of time to get in football shape. (compare last year to this year.. Perfect example is the Kentucky game.. The defense was on the field most of the game and never showed fatigue)
-UT had cancer on the team that seems to finally got removed after about 3 games of this season.

You can blame the coaches all you want for the losses, but until you sit back and review ALL the issues this team had.. Maybe the coaches need some praise for not giving up, and the players that bought in for the hard work they put in. It is all showing now.

Fulmer stated in the first O&W game and again this year that we are looking at 4 years to rebuild.. Why would he make a comment like that?? We just completed year 2.. Think about that..

This team has come a long way from when Pruitt first stepped in..

And this quote goes so well with what he said a few weeks ago when he referenced JJ being reinstated. Paraphrasing "I asked everyone in the building about Juan, he's here, then no longer work here!"

CJP knows good football players when he sees them. He knows how to develop them. NOW he is learning how to do the same as a head coach. We ain't done yet, but with the 2020 schedule and what we are returning, I am excited!!!!
GO VOLS!
Hope this means we see Jeremy Banks back in orange next season

Reactions: RollerVol
I say it's good to be a Tennessee Vol...best 7-5 regular season ever...hoping to add one more to the win column...:D

GO BIG ORANGE!

Huh? He should be asked those questions every day of his life. And if I am him, I am asking myself, those questions too. How else do you not make the same mistake. It was coaching malpractice to start the year. He knows it.
Then don’t bitch when he answers the questions. It’s just that simple

VN Store

Back