Interesting comment by Pruitt during his postgame press conference

I believe we will and things will continue to trend upward. So much was culture, which has improved drastically. As recruiting improves (and it will) things will just get better and better. I think we finally have a real football coach.

I’m hoping you are right. I’d be ecstatic if Pruitt turns out to be the next Dabo .

I’ve heard that too but how is it possible. We’ve only had handful of players leave the program and we’ve signed full classes each year? How can we be 20+ scholarship players short?

Keep in mind you can only sign 25 max in any one year. We've had quite a few go, at least enough to put us behind the 8 ball of having 60 something scholly players.

Reactions: orangevolcano
I’ve heard that too but how is it possible. We’ve only had handful of players leave the program and we’ve signed full classes each year? How can we be 20+ scholarship players short?

60 available scholarship players I believe.

We have unavailable players like out for season injuries like Flowers, Gooden, Buchanan; Transfers who have to sit one season like Gibbs and Hill; Redshirts like Lampley, Akporoghene, Brandon Johnson, etc.

We also have players who transferred out, graduate early and left school, medically retired and were dismissed from team (Banks). I would guess about a dozen for those reasons alone.

That's my take on the 60 number.

We lost 3 ILBs in 10 days and still won 6 of the last 7 games.

Asked about how far the program has come...

"Unless you were here the first day that I walked in this building, I don't think you understand how far we actually have come. Coach Fulmer was here. It's a long ways. I can assure you that."

It’s obvious that this November team is a much improved team from the September squad.

We all knew a culture shift had to happen if we were to find success again. I believe I’ve seen evidence of that and feel much more optimistic about the trajectory of the program.

I really believed this was a 3 win team coming out of the BYU game.

No I didn’t.

Sorry but the guy still has a lot of work to do before I fall in love with him.

Weird conclusion after finishing the season with 6 straight wins and a chance for a significant bowl and 8 wins. I think you need to go see the Mr. Rogers movie.

Reactions: LittleVol
Weird conclusion after finishing the season with 6 straight wins and a chance for a significant bowl and 8 wins. I think you need to go see the Mr. Rogers movie.

If I’m not mistaken we beat 2 teams this season with winning records so I’m going to wait to judge .

Reactions: 08Vol

VN Store

Back