Intel on Pruitt situation

all i know is something is wrong in hooterville, and us fans are suffering from it

Oh yeah, well MY contact with boosters just checked in with me, and he dropped these bombshells:

D2bPzIeWoAAJ7Jh.jpg

This takes me back down memory lane. Anyone remember skeeter and 'boro on this board from previous "inside information" on VN?

1. Group of Boosters forced Pruitt to fire D Line coach. This was not Pruitts decision, several boosters are extremely weary of Pruitts performance and demanded change.

2. Big boosters are as factional as they were 3 years ago. Only way buyout of Pruitt will happen within the next 2 years is if UT can get a big time potential hire that incentives boosters to invest in the expensive $12m+ buyout. There is desire to get Pruitt out but there has to be exit strategy to a much better coach. The $12m will not be paid to go get another unproven Coach.

Seems like a lot of money to piss away.
$12m won’t happen(2020), $8m improbable (2021), $4m has good odds (2022). Only way I see $8m happening is if a really strong candidate will sign and continued QE from the Federal Reserve (seriously).

No grumors at all. I don’t expect a change this year. Earliest possibility I think it end of the season next year but again only after there is a better option to jump to.
Let me help you and your boosters out. Your better option is at Liberty University. You contact him and see if he will commit. If he does then you dump Pruitt. Its not hard and should'nt take a year. NO ONE in charge is smart enough to make this decision and act upon it now. Freeze will be @ SC , Auburn or somewhere else next year while your "boosters" finally make up their mind and head to the Dollar store for another 1st time head coach.

Last edited:
1. Group of Boosters forced Pruitt to fire D Line coach. This was not Pruitts decision, several boosters are extremely weary of Pruitts performance and demanded change.

2. Big boosters are as factional as they were 3 years ago. Only way buyout of Pruitt will happen within the next 2 years is if UT can get a big time potential hire that incentives boosters to invest in the expensive $12m+ buyout. There is desire to get Pruitt out but there has to be exit strategy to a much better coach. The $12m will not be paid to go get another unproven Coach.
lol 😆

I agree with you, I am saying there is desire to get Pruitt out but no one wants to pay $12m. It would be up to AD to entice boosters with a proven coach to see if they would help put up the money. Won’t happen this year, unlikely next year, decent chance in 2023.
I’ll check back in ‘23 then, if I am still here. Should be a doozy of a football program by then with CJP running the show.

I don’t buy number 1 for a second. Anybody who had watched the first several games and wanted to meddle would not choose our D-line as the very first thing that needs to be fixed by a mid-season coaching change.

VN Store

Back