Inside look at RB depth

Even with Tim Jordan departure, I think our RB depth is better than last season.

Also, I think we will see Holiday get some rushing opportunities to use his speed.

I don't think we will use Crouch as a power back this season but he is always available if need be.

We also have Banks if necessary, depth isn't an issue to me except with TEs.

Even with Tim Jordan departure, I think our RB depth is better than last season.

Also, I think we will see Holiday get some rushing opportunities to use his speed.

I don't think we will use Crouch as a power back this season but he is always available if need be.

We also have Banks if necessary, depth isn't an issue to me except with TEs.

Jordan was not very good.

Seeing Harrison Bailey wear that custom mask gave me hope about the season.

With that said, one of the QBs is going to have to step up and be a real QB. Because if not, then it's going to be hard to run on anyone or score points.

Gray and Chandler are as talented as any tandem in the conference. Maybe Hodge and his Maryville toughness can be that powerback we need. Jabari Small is a good back. He won't redshirt.

Out backfield is fine....

Need a good QB

It is hard to run against a stacked line.
If our offense does not score a lot more TDs against the Big Three this year, Pruitt may need to re think the OC. Stats against cupcakes do not matter. We sucked against the good teams last year, and the offense was not great against anybody.
Year 3, time to take a step forward.

With that said, one of the QBs is going to have to step up and be a real QB. Because if not, then it's going to be hard to run on anyone or score points.

Gray and Chandler are as talented as any tandem in the conference. Maybe Hodge and his Maryville toughness can be that powerback we need. Jabari Small is a good back. He won't redshirt.

Need a good QB

Don't forget about Whitehead as a possible powerback. I believe he is starting out position wise with the running backs.

If our offense does not score a lot more TDs against the Big Three this year, Pruitt may need to re think the OC. Stats against cupcakes do not matter. We sucked against the good teams last year, and the offense was not great against anybody.
I dont think he needs to rethink the OC. If our offense struggles this year, all he has to do is take JG out of the game. Problem solved. Offense better.

Don't forget about Whitehead as a possible powerback. I believe he is starting out position wise with the running backs.

I actually like him getting his shot at RB, but he has to heal from a foot injury.

WHAT? Did you just suggest that we cut Chaney loose? Ummm..... NO!

Last edited:
WHAT? Did you just suggest that we cut Chaney lose? Ummm..... NO!
I suggested it is time to start seeing some improvement in the offense.
I hate getting blown out. Results are the same as with the Hornblower's screwed up scheme.
If being bowl eligible is the goal with 7- 8 win seasons, we should have saved the buyout.
It ain't all on the QB.
RB depth and the OL can't be used as excuses this year.
How long has it been since we looked like a well coached offensive team?

Need a good QB
Wheres that?

I hate getting blown out. Results are the same as with the Hornblower's screwed up scheme.
If being bowl eligible is the goal with 7- 8 win seasons, we should have saved the buyout.
It ain't all on the QB.

Well, I expect it (Our Offense)to look like UGA Offense when Jake Fromme was a Freshman. Chaney managed him 291 /15 , Jake attempted 291 passes over 15 games averaging 19 passes a game. I think Chaney will manage JG like a freshman until he can't. We will have a RB stable close to UGA (Chubb,Michel,Swift & Hollyfield.) those names may scare you but they were younger. Gray may end up better than all and our OL looks more like as dominant as long as they have good chemistry. Think the OL could be better than UGA 2017 OL. Think we will rely on our RB/OL. They (UGA 2017)ran the ball 510 times to 291 passes for 3485 rushing yards not counting Frommes rushes.. BTW UGA went 13 & 2 in 2017.
This is what I totally expect, humans are creatures of habit, unless JP jumps in and upsets Chaney's apple cart. We probably won't equal the results (UGA 2017) but I think that will be the path Chaney takes.

It ain't all on the QB.

How long has it been since we had talent?

Reactions: tnutater
Chandler will be our best back this year if he can stay healthy. 10 SEC games is going to be tough on SEC running backs this year. I'd be surprised if Gray can hold up to the pounding the position requires.

Chandler will be our best back this year if he can stay healthy. 10 SEC games is going to be tough on SEC running backs this year. I'd be surprised if Gray can hold up to the pounding the position requires.

If this guy can do it, Gray can do it.
Stephens-Flyer-flat.jpg

I'm not concerned at all about the RB position. Chandler and Gray will get 90% of the carries. CFA can be a 3rd down back on obvious passing plays. Hodge and Whitehead as back ups.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan

VN Store

Back