Inside look at RB depth

If this guy can do it, Gray can do it.
Stephens-Flyer-flat.jpg
Stephen's was one of the toughest guys on the team. Several of his teammates have declared he was as good and tough a player they ever played beside. You never saw Stephens get arm tackled much either and he never played 10 SEC games vs the type competition we play today. I don't think there is any comparison in the 2, not at this point. I can see where you think that but the wind tackled Gray last season and he struggled with pass protection and sometimes ball possession, stuff I don't remember Stephens ever struggling with. He has a long way to go before I'd compare him to Stephens. Gray is gonna be a big part of what we do but I see him more of a situation back with 15-20 touches a game. 20+ touches a game will get you pounded in this conference and that takes a certain body type that looks nothing like a smaller back.

I'm not concerned at all about the RB position. Chandler and Gray will get 90% of the carries. CFA can be a 3rd down back on obvious passing plays. Hodge and Whitehead as back ups.
Crouch was really good in short yardage last season, Pruitt puts the best on the field and if Crouch holds up physically I like him there. I could see him scoring 5-10 TDs next year, not bad for a LB. I think many Vol fans don't realize how good of a football player he is. He's got future All-SEC written all over him, had he not gotten hurt and missed his Sr year in high school it's possible he would have been the highest rated high school player we've ever recruited. I'm a fan of keeping Q on the short yardage big package on offense.

I suggested it is time to start seeing some improvement in the offense.
I hate getting blown out. Results are the same as with the Hornblower's screwed up scheme.
If being bowl eligible is the goal with 7- 8 win seasons, we should have saved the buyout.
It ain't all on the QB.
RB depth and the OL can't be used as excuses this year.
How long has it been since we looked like a well coached offensive team?

Since we had 7-12 players drafted every single year back to back to back to back..... That long ago.

Crouch was really good in short yardage last season, Pruitt puts the best on the field and if Crouch holds up physically I like him there. I could see him scoring 5-10 TDs next year, not bad for a LB. I think many Vol fans don't realize how good of a football player he is. He's got future All-SEC written all over him, had he not gotten hurt and missed his Sr year in high school it's possible he would have been the highest rated high school player we've ever recruited. I'm a fan of keeping Q on the short yardage big package on offense.

unintended clairvoyance

Why folks keep doing this?

we're not playing an entire football season til next year, unfortunately

I'm sad :(

with love

eeyore

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I tend to forget who we signed come the summer when I start thinking about the upcoming season and the new prospects.

Watch the highlights of Jabari Small, pretty impressive.

I'm not concerned at all about the RB position. Chandler and Gray will get 90% of the carries. CFA can be a 3rd down back on obvious passing plays. Hodge and Whitehead as back ups.

Chandler needs to be the guy.
Everyone is expecting Gray to just run away with it, but Chandler is a pro running back if given the chance and healthy.

VN Store

Back