Inside game is terrible

Thinking Fulky should not have come back this season. He could have gone out on top of his game after last season and remained a fan favorite. He is tarnishing his reputation this year. Sad.
His overall effort is pathetic. Zero points, zero rebounds, 2 assists, 3 turnovers in 20 minutes of play. But not just that. It looked like he didn't give a frog's fat a.... about even being there. If you don't want to hustle and give effort, find someone that does. Pathetic.

Reactions: Hbg
Fulky is really letting this team down.

It’s not Fulky’s fault that the program has signed zero post players since Fulky’s freshman class who are both dependably good and here for more than a season.

I do think it’s narrow-minded. Here is a guy who’s given to the university for 5-plus years, has endured major injuries along the way, plus all the Covid isssues that wrecked him, and to still have him represent and play the way he has for his time here means more than a few bad games his last season. I’m disappointed that for whatever reasons he’s had a lackluster year, but for you to suggest that a small part of his time here tarnishes his image when compared to the huge contributions he’s made for 5 plus years really speaks to the way you view things in your world.
You are extremely insightful if you know how I view the world. Much of what you stated, I acknowledge all of it. Fulkerson’s contributions, etc…all of it and agree with it.

I’ll even explain my reasoning further. I’m sure you won’t agree. For a player who built his entire legacy on out working, hustle, desire, etc….what we are witnessing now from Fulkerson is a shell of himself. He looks disinterested at times and/or perhaps diminished in confidence is a better narrative. He played 20 minutes today and did absolutely nothing against our biggest rival. From a player who early in his career showed a hint of potential but due to an injury fought back and became a very impactful player was notable. He surprised everyone and for that second half of SEC his junior year was almost unstoppable 1x1. He had no immediate expectations but his effort and desire led to success. Then his senior year and now his super senior year occurred. He was required to fulfill a leadership role, expectations rose and he really needed to be a player this team could rely upon. Some flashes but he has disappeared more often than I can count. It has not gone well. Barnes has decided to sit him on the bench often because he couldn’t count on him and he was detrimental to the team. I find that sad and unfortunate. I feel bad for Fulkerson. If you asked him if he has let his team down, I expect he would agree.

That is part of his legacy. He is determining his legacy. As a comparison consider Dane Bradshaw who was an extremely undersized power forward, who much like Fulky created a legacy on grit, hardwork and effort despite obvious disadvantages. His legacy remained intact to his last game.

Fulkerson’s legacy is being harmed. Heck just look at the comments from posters on this board who are as much of Vol fans as you are. It isn’t a vocal minority as you stated above. You are welcome to dismiss it. There is time to right the ship but at this point of the season, relying on him in the role he currently occupies is as harmful to him as it is to the team. I would be happy to be wrong and for him to have a Cinderella conclusion to his UT career. Historically on this board I have been more complementary to him than not.

It has to do with results and his ability to step up as a leader when his team needs him. He doesn’t even look like the same player. Perhaps it is more mental than anything, but admittedly that is speculation. Doesn’t mean he isn’t a good young man, nor that his contributions to UT have been significant “at times”. To wrap it up his legacy is this in a nutshell in my opinion, is a guy who was extremely loyal to a hometown team he loves, worked his butt off and surpassed expectations (which was seemingly just an anomaly), which unfortunately came to a disappointing and somewhat unexplainable ending if this script remains the same the rest of the year. It’s up to him to define his legacy…he doesn’t have many more games to do so. Vol for Life nevertheless, but therein so am I.

Fulky is really letting this team down.
As is James ,Bailey and Barnes . Fulky was done after he got booed, skeered
to dang death. Chandler can’t hit a free throw, he got ty, tyed . Nkhamouh keeps bringing the ball down . Bottom line …..Coach ain’t coaching players up, they have regressed . Plenty of blame to go around. Fulky loves wearing the orange and has provided many great memories. But ultimately the buck stops with Coach Ricky B ,
his stubbornness to make substitutions and adjustments is …….smacking him in his face .

Reactions: 1985Vols
Thinking Fulky should not have come back this season. He could have gone out on top of his game after last season and remained a fan favorite. He is tarnishing his reputation this year. Sad.
I don’t think he is tarnishing his reputation, but it’s clear something is going on with him and he should be coming off the bench. It’s sad because we’ve seen glimpses of how good he can be whenever he plays assertively. Something just isn’t right with him.

This inside game is terrible. Fulkerson can flop but he can't score. Shooting a good % but the difference is on the inside. Look at their points in the paint and ours. We have as many turnovers on the inside than we have shots taken from the inside.
They will hate you for this truth.

VN Store

Back