Inside game is terrible

This inside game is terrible. Fulkerson can flop but he can't score. Shooting a good % but the difference is on the inside. Look at their points in the paint and ours. We have as many turnovers on the inside than we have shots taken from the inside.

Tennessee getting beat badly in transition which inexcusable when you are not crashing the boards on offense, Tennessee offense remains a mystery as well, no identity, limited points inside, decent shots from the outside, but with little to no production points down low, it's a prescription for another embarrassment like Texas Tech.

Hopefully the defense will show up in the second half as well as points in the paint.

Reactions: HalfullVol
This inside game is terrible. Fulkerson can flop but he can't score. Shooting a good % but the difference is on the inside. Look at their points in the paint and ours. We have as many turnovers on the inside than we have shots taken from the inside.
No the difference in this game right now is Kentucky shooting 80% and 75% from 3’s. And I’m not gonna even talk about points off turnovers. Gettings points inside is the least our our worries right now.

I mentioned this earlier as well. Our guard play is pretty good. Chandler is a baller, vescovi is solid. Just good guard play. Inside, I don’t see anyone bring anything but okay. Need guys to step up.

Good decision to let the freshmen experience Rupp at its worst (for opponents). It was pretty apparent that it’s KY’s day when they were hitting nearly 80% from the field and perfect at the FTL.

If he is tarnishing his reputation, I can assure you that it is ONLY in the eyes of the vocal minority.

I don't see him getting much love on the Ky game thread. I am on his side here, just saying he could be remembered much better ending after last season that this one, the way its going.

I was happy when Fulky decided to come back but with very few exceptions this year, he looks done. His regression is one of the most distressing things I have witnessed from a player who clearly loves the university and has had some shining moments. His legacy is being tarnished significantly. Barnes needs to do him a favor, pat him on the back, relegate him to a bench role and reduce his minutes.

Reactions: Hbg and Cormock Mac
Fulky will always be a vol for life. I was glad too when he came back. The thread wasn't to tear down Fulky. The fact is we don't have an inside scoring threat right now. True as someone stated earlier it may not have been the biggest issue today, but it has been an issue for most of the season. I will also say that there "appears" from the distance that there is not a voice on this team that rallies the troops. Having an established leader doesn't mean your the best player but you have the most influence. I would dare say having the right "apha" and voice brings more Intensity and unity. No matter what I will keep cheering for the beloved VOLS.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I was happy when Fulky decided to come back but with very few exceptions this year, he looks done. His regression is one of the most distressing things I have witnessed from a player who clearly loves the university and has had some shining moments. His legacy is being tarnished significantly. Barnes needs to do him a favor, pat him on the back, relegate him to a bench role and reduce his minutes.
His legacy is not being tarnished, except by narrow-minded people.

His legacy is not being tarnished, except by narrow-minded people.
Mrs. Fulkerson, I like your son and appreciate all he has done for the basketball program, but the program is bigger than one person and for whatever reason your son is widely inconsistent despite being a 6th year senior. Productivity matters. It is actually distressing to see someone whose performance has fallen so much, when I completely understand how much he loves the program. We can still be appreciative of your son but also be honest to him.

At this point he is not contributing much and someone else should be earning minutes he doesn’t deserve. Doesn’t mean he isn’t in the rotation but his role should be diminished. Continually asking him to do what he clearly can’t is as detrimental to him personally as it is to the team. He doesn’t appear to be enjoying playing and doesn’t relish a leadership position. Dealing with adversity doesn’t seem to be his strong suit and that is coming directly from his head coach, not from me and is becoming part of his legacy. That is not narrow-minded, that is just being honest.

Well said Namorto. One person's view of being narrow minded is another persons view of someone not accepting the reality that is there. Sorry Mrs. Fulkerson.

Barnes challenge was to step up or step aside. Looks like Fulky has made his choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hbg
Mrs. Fulkerson, I like your son and appreciate all he has done for the basketball program, but the program is bigger than one person and for whatever reason your son is widely inconsistent despite being a 6th year senior. Productivity matters. It is actually distressing to see someone whose performance has fallen so much, when I completely understand how much he loves the program. We can still be appreciative of your son but also be honest to him.

At this point he is not contributing much and someone else should be earning minutes he doesn’t deserve. Doesn’t mean he isn’t in the rotation but his role should be diminished. Continually asking him to do what he clearly can’t is as detrimental to him personally as it is to the team. He doesn’t appear to be enjoying playing and doesn’t relish a leadership position. Dealing with adversity doesn’t seem to be his strong suit and that is coming directly from his head coach, not from me and is becoming part of his legacy. That is not narrow-minded, that is just being honest.
I didn’t say he hasn’t had his issues and underperformed, I said that anyone who thinks his legacy is tarnished is very narrow-minded. Name calling because you’re offended by my different opinion is more indicative of your own personal issues.

Reactions: rojas1187
Well said Namorto. One person's view of being narrow minded is another persons view of someone not accepting the reality that is there. Sorry Mrs. Fulkerson.
Again, name calling is more indicative of your own issues. Re-read my response and see if I said anywhere previously that Fulky was having an awesome year with no issues. I didn’t. Again, he has underperformed, but I can guarantee if you randomly pick 100 Tennessee fans who follow basketball, the percentage is going to be low of the ones who vote “tarnished.” Just flat out accusing me of saying things I didn’t come close to saying without the words to back it up is truly mind-boggling.

Again, name calling is more indicative of your own issues. Re-read my response and see if I said anywhere previously that Fulky was having an awesome year with no issues. I didn’t. Again, he has underperformed, but I can guarantee if you randomly pick 100 Tennessee fans who follow basketball, the percentage is going to be low of the ones who vote “tarnished.” Just flat out accusing me of saying things I didn’t come close to saying without the words to back it up is truly mind-boggling.

Where is the name calling? I think your passive/aggressive name calling of 'narrow minded' is the only one I see.

Reactions: Cormock Mac
I didn’t say he hasn’t had his issues and underperformed, I said that anyone who thinks his legacy is tarnished is very narrow-minded. Name calling because you’re offended by my different opinion is more indicative of your own personal issues.
Hilarious, you started the name calling by calling me narrow-minded. And in your retort I now have personnel issues. You sir or madam are guilty of what you claim of me. You are welcome to your opinion. That is what boards are for. To suggest I am offended is incorrect. I simply defended my position which you elected not to do.

Reactions: Hbg
Hilarious, you started the name calling by calling me narrow-minded. And in your retort I now have personnel issues. You sir or madam are guilty of what you claim of me. You are welcome to your opinion. That is what boards are for. To suggest I am offended is incorrect. I simply defended my position which you elected not to do.
I do think it’s narrow-minded. Here is a guy who’s given to the university for 5-plus years, has endured major injuries along the way, plus all the Covid isssues that wrecked him, and to still have him represent and play the way he has for his time here means more than a few bad games his last season. I’m disappointed that for whatever reasons he’s had a lackluster year, but for you to suggest that a small part of his time here tarnishes his image when compared to the huge contributions he’s made for 5 plus years really speaks to the way you view things in your world.

Yep Fulky is no bulky and gets schooled every game.

VN Store

Back