Info for Gameday Visitors to Knoxville

I am finally going to make it over from England to take in a game.
Am currently looking at tickets and have found some for sale in section GG but have been told that it can be a overflow visitor section. There would be nothing worse then having to sit amongst some Auburn fans for the whole game! Is it worth getting tickets else where or will it be full of Vol fans?

People say you don't as long as you arrive early.
Alot of the fraternities have the pledges stand in empty parking spots in the lots on fraternity row once they begin to fill up a bit, which is rather funny for someone who was never a member of one. But parking very early (i.e. more than 3-4 hours before gametime) should be pretty easy, especially close to the baseball field.

I've heard that they have hired extra ticket writers this semester and that they are ticketing staff lots some now... that's on school days... you might steer clear of staff/frat lots to avoid a ticket... who knows if they'll be tough on game days..

there is usually street parking between presidential and the strip if you get there early enough... also in ft. sanders on white, laurel, clinch..

I think that the Strip is the best tailgating.. jmo

Thanks for the great information on where to go while in Knoxville for the weekend. Now I would like to know which sections of the stadium usually have the visiting fans. I want to wear my Bruin jersey and cheer for my team without bothering the nearby Vol fans....to much. :)

Thanks for the great information on where to go while in Knoxville for the weekend. Now I would like to know which sections of the stadium usually have the visiting fans. I want to wear my Bruin jersey and cheer for my team without bothering the nearby Vol fans....to much. :)
I'd suggest to go ahead and wear it and have fun. I think as long as your not being obnoxious, Tennessee fans are pretty cordial to visiting fans that are rooting for there team especially for schools outside of the SEC.

It's good to see everyone help out the out-of-towners. Former student here, so I know all the restaurants.

I would love to know if anyone is tailgating though and wouldn't mind more company!! I'll be driving in from Chattanooga for the game so I'd love somewhere to tailgate at!

GO VOLS!!!

Hey guys coming down tomorrow for the game and was wondering if tickets are hard to get there or should I try and get them before I go. It's been a couple of years and I usually have them already. Any info would be great!

Thanks for the info. I am taking my son to his 1st UT game and my 1st in many years, we cant wait! We leave Friday morning and are staying at the Four Points.
My only concern is seeing the game. Our seats are in GG at the top and I hope my son can see the game play. Either way we are there and will have a great time for sure. GO VOLS :rock:

I am sure you both will have a great time. There's a new jumbotron so that should help replays and such. Welcome to the board and ...

GO VOLS !!!

Well I am here at the Four Points and was going to park here but they say I have to move my car tomm morning as I am checking out. Where would be a good place to park? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Going to my first game , the Georgia game, and will be staying a few miles from the downtown area. Couple of questions. How is parking downtown, is there plenty of parking? ( gameday morning). And how are the cab services, as being Australian, there just maybe a few beers consumed? GO VOLS!

I just added a new link in the parking section "UT Knoxville Parking and Transit Services". Check that info and see if it answers your questions...hopefully this helps.

Going to my first game , the Georgia game, and will be staying a few miles from the downtown area. Couple of questions. How is parking downtown, is there plenty of parking? ( gameday morning). And how are the cab services, as being Australian, there just maybe a few beers consumed? GO VOLS!
We always get there 2 to 3 hrs early, never had a problem with parking. For GA we may go 4 hrs early.
Go Vols!
Go Wallabies
Posted via VolNation Mobile

The link on the main post for "Welcome to gameday and Neyland Stadium" mentions that seat backs with arms are not allowed. Does that mean you can take normal seat backs as long as they don't have arms?

Going with my Dad to the UCLA game and he is getting older in age. I think he would enjoy the game more if we were able to take in a cushion with a back.

The link on the main post for "Welcome to gameday and Neyland Stadium" mentions that seat backs with arms are not allowed. Does that mean you can take normal seat backs as long as they don't have arms?

Going with my Dad to the UCLA game and he is getting older in age. I think he would enjoy the game more if we were able to take in a cushion with a back.
Yes you can take a cushion with a back/no arms.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

So how was the Tin Roof on the Strip? Is it worth checking out? Did they have live music after the game? I am glad to see something go in that old O'Charley's spot.

So how was the Tin Roof on the Strip? Is it worth checking out? Did they have live music after the game? I am glad to see something go in that old O'Charley's spot.

$5 cover on fri and sat.....but by far the best bar on the strip.

Live music every night. Pitchers are about $7.

Great Atmosphere.

Haven't been to a home game in a few years, how pick are the cops about glass bottles at tailgates?

VN Store

Back