Incoming transfers seem lessened.

Not sure about that. I get the feeling they are going to wait on the new over site organization to be established. The new D-1 constitution is supposed to be finished by the end of August. Of course that is step one. Then an over site organization will need to be created by the Presidents of the D-1 schools. I'm spit balling but can't see any other explanation for Tennessee to be sitting on the findings. It will be 3 months since they announced completion of investigation next week.

I think it could easily be 1 to 2 years before the D-1 organization is put in place and functioning.

UT has frankly said very little about what they have done the last 13 months. You about covered what they have said in your comment I quoted.
Maybe the NCAA made the call and has just shut down (punted) enforcement decisions, even those which occurred under their watch, to the divisions.

I can't see a delay in getting this settled being good for UT recruiting and whatnot but D1 enforcement can't be any worse/more inconsistent than NCAA enforcement.

The student-athlete vs employee-athlete legal questions may be hitting the courts before we get a decision. Ugh. I'd prefer to have a few years to watch Heupel coach and recruit without a cloud before the game changes radically.

Reactions: LWSVOL
i think a lot people expected this influx of players excited to play for CH and this defense had so many opportunities for starting. but sadly we need another good year and signs that they are heading in the right direction. not a one year fluke.

What you write is total bunk.

Vols have picked up some impressive PWOs also. Extremely impressive. If Marquis Robinson comes in - that is huge. They will cherry pick more transfers in the spring and no need to gnash teeth now. Beckwith and others have been recruited over and there will be a few more eased along the portal migration.

Reactions: Vol8188

VN Store

Back