Incoming transfers seem lessened.

i think a lot people expected this influx of players excited to play for CH and this defense had so many opportunities for starting. but sadly we need another good year and signs that they are heading in the right direction. not a one year fluke.

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
Tough to speculate although I think it is rightful to at least hit the alarm bells a bit.

Not enough interest in program?
Self Imposing/Expectation of Penalty?
Coaches not versed enough in the Xfer portal?

It really could be any one or combination of factors. Sadly, we are going to have to let the dust settle a bit before we can pinpoint an answer.

We have a favorable schedule next year so just have to hope the NCAA is behind us by that point by the end of the year and then we may have substantial answers dependent on performance.

Have you all not read the other threads on our numbers? We have no room to add players. Especially with most of our signing class being early enrollee’s. We can’t add anyone unless someone leaves. Probably after spring practice.

I think by the end of 2022 we will have a better understanding of where we are. Until then some may need to get medication for there battered Vols syndrome but it will be fine. I would be a lot more worried if it were not for our offense but I just think it allows us a better opportunity to weather the storm and hopefully get it right in the end this time but only time will tell. I do believe sooner or later our defense is going to come into it's own and we will be good enough to do what needs to be done but it's going to take time and we have to get this NCAA thing behind us because it is a issue no doubt.

If you disagree with me, please let me know. If you agree, hit like. I think CJH has proven he can develop players. His staff can develop players. This is something we haven't seen since Fulmer, Cut and Chief left. We do have some pretty good players on the team. If you have watched the practice videos.. etc.. you already know this. Why waste your time going after others (unless it is a low depth position) when you know you can turn the coal on the roster into diamonds? I see this as the confidence CJH has in himself and his staff in being able to do their job. Player development. Teaching young men how to be men.

Have you all not read the other threads on our numbers? We have no room to add players. Especially with most of our signing class being early enrollee’s. We can’t add anyone unless someone leaves. Probably after spring practice.
I thought we were 10 or more under?

Why Tennessee hasn’t told the AA to pound sand I have yet to understand.

If other schools can get away with talking to players at other schools Tennessee shouldn’t be limiting anything.

I think the correct terminology is that we are posturing ourselves to announce the self-imposed penalties but have to get down to the desired level.
If some recruit comes available late that fills a need then we can go ahead and sign them, self impose one less scholarship.

Seems like NIL deals could be worked out for a recruit that would put us over the scholarship ship limit.

Reactions: VAVol85

VN Store

Back