In my mind we won 9 games

mtvols

and I don’t care what the official record is. Forward progress is allowed time and time again in every game. They even allow lineman to push piles.

The calls in the Ole Miss and Purdue games were total BS. Did they call forward progress stopped when the Purdue TE scored that TD? Of course not. Then you have the PI against Tillman where his Jersey was pulled away from his body yet they called 6 PI calls against us.

You can’t tell me that these out of conference officials don’t have a bias against the SEC.

Well we didn't, we won seven. Yeah we probably got hosed last night but y'all need to get over the call in the ole miss game. It was atrocious but we had plenty of time to make it up.

Reactions: knoxvol16
This was a 10-3 season in reality. CJH has a lot to prove to next year. can't get out recruited by Kentucky and Missouri and must beat Florida

Let's face it, for us Vols to have any chance, we must destroy the opponent becuz if it comes down to the end we must contend with stupid officiating every time.
I'm convinced someone somewhere really has it in for Tennessee! My question is...Why??
If this was Ohio State, Florida, or Alabama..would they have had the same outcome? I DON'T THINK SO!! Bad Bad Bad!

Reactions: 08Vol and oz615
In my opinion, this is where coaches make part of their money after the game or after the season - filing a complaint with the NCAA or SEC or both. If you have indisputable evidence (video) of what happened AT A CRUCIAL PART OF THE GAME, and it goes against you - you should by all means file a complaint. If these officials know GOING INTO THE GAME that you will raise h3ll at blown calls, they'll be less likely to make them. Again, I'm talking about calls which determine games, I'm not talking about an illegal procedure in the 2nd quarter.

In my opinion, this is where coaches make part of their money after the game or after the season - filing a complaint with the NCAA or SEC or both. If you have indisputable evidence (video) of what happened AT A CRUCIAL PART OF THE GAME, and it goes against you - you should by all means file a complaint. If these officials know GOING INTO THE GAME that you will raise h3ll at blown calls, they'll be less likely to make them. Again, I'm talking about calls which determine games, I'm not talking about an illegal procedure in the 2nd quarter.

I was thinking about this after the Alabama basketball game. The officials started calling fouls on us after Nate Oats started complaining about calls. I wondered why Barnes didn’t complain more. Same thing in football, Heupel is to easy on the officials to much of a nice guy. You know Kiffin gets calls his way because he rides the refs the whole game.

Reactions: 08Vol
As long as Willie (let um run by you) Martinez is DB coach your gonna lose. We had that clown here when Butch Jones was here or has everyone forgot?

Well we didn't, we won seven. Yeah we probably got hosed last night but y'all need to get over the call in the ole miss game. It was atrocious but we had plenty of time to make it up.
Every play matters but 1 or 2 can change a game. It's bs when a ref is the reason for those 1 or 2.

and I don’t care what the official record is. Forward progress is allowed time and time again in every game. They even allow lineman to push piles.

The calls in the Ole Miss and Purdue games were total BS. Did they call forward progress stopped when the Purdue TE scored that TD? Of course not. Then you have the PI against Tillman where his Jersey was pulled away from his body yet they called 6 PI calls against us.

You can’t tell me that these out of conference officials don’t have a bias against the SEC.

Why stop at 9 wins, in your mind you can say you won the National Championship?

Reactions: NashvilleFan
Yeah I agree our record should be be about 9-4, so I will rank them as 15th in year end rankings. Good season vols

In my mind, we beat LSU in 01, we never blew the 05 season, never lost to Wyoming in Fulmers last season, never hired Kiffin, Dooley, Butch, or Pruitt, and never lost to Georgia St at home.

I feel much better now.

VN Store

Back