Important reminder on Coach Heupel's first day

NO SIR EEE

The Sultan Of Swat
This is Coach Heupel's first day on Rocky Top. You may like the decision, you may not, but remember this:
Do your part in making us not look like a backwoods clown show.
Don't tweet players, coaches, administrators.
Don't paint rocks.
Behave like a functional adult.
At the end of the day, it's football. College football.
If Heupel hasn't improved this program in 3 years, then you have every right to complain or act like a baby or whatever. He will improve this program.

This is Coach Heupel's first day on Rocky Top. You may like the decision, you may not, but remember this:
Don't paint rocks.
If Heupel hasn't improved this program in 3 years, then you have every right to complain or act like a baby or whatever. He will improve this program.
Clowns

Well, I am now less likely to absolutely loathe playing the SEC game of the week on CBS. I am not going to cringe, because I do not expect to be embarrassed on national television each week. We will score points and be in games we havebeen losing simply due to low scoring.

Last edited:
To mix a bunch of metaphors: This is the boat we are in. Either stay in and row like hell with us or get the hell out and watch us row off. Don't try to punch holes in the boat by stamping your feet like a 4 year old who didn't get a bike for Christmas. If your are not part of the solution then you are part of the problem. PS: If you were as good as you think you are at running this program you wouldn't be posting on this board. "When the breaks go against you , pour on more steam."

Don't paint rocks.
You’re asking a lot from this bunch as well as all Vol Nation.. I’m taking the guarded approach and hope he hires a good defensive coach and recruits like hell. We will see how he does over the next bit.

Reactions: vol1981 and Ratvol
Don't paint rocks.
I hate to break this to you, but our administration is what makes this a backwards clown show.

Don't paint rocks.

*Stops typing e-mail to Danny White*

I hate to break this to you, but our administration is what makes this a backwards clown show.
You mean past administration. Currently, the 5 year old adult fans are making this a backwoods clown show. Players are tweeting that they are fully on board and supporting this hire. "Fans" are the ones that are spewing bs all over the internet. Just act like an adult, this is going to work out.

Don't paint rocks.

I love how everyone conveniently forgot that Auburn fans literally booed Gene Chizik on the damn tarmac when his plane landed. I'm sick of people treating Tennessee fans like there's something wrong with us while we go very publicly through the worst and most embarrassing period of time that any football program has ever endured.

There is absolutely no difference between Tennessee fans and any other fan base that cares about their football program. The only difference is Tennessee continuously under-delivers on everything. Tennessee fans look bad because the University looks embarrassing. Period.

Reactions: CJBlaze
I love how everyone conveniently forgot that Auburn fans literally booed Gene Chizik on the damn tarmac when his plane landed. I'm sick of people treating Tennessee fans like there's something wrong with us while we go very publicly through the worst and most embarrassing period of time that any football program has ever endured.

There is absolutely no difference between Tennessee fans and any other fan base that cares about their football program. The only difference is Tennessee continuously under-delivers on everything. Tennessee fans look bad because the University looks embarrassing. Period.
I didn't forget that. It was immature as ****. This is going to work out. Get on board, or get off.

To mix a bunch of metaphors: This is the boat we are in. Either stay in and row like hell with us or get the hell out and watch us row off. Don't try to punch holes in the boat by stamping your feet like a 4 year old who didn't get a bike for Christmas. If your are not part of the solution then you are part of the problem. PS: If you were as good as you think you are at running this program you wouldn't be posting on this board. "When the breaks go against you , pour on more steam."

Absolutely! None of us are happy where this football program has been the last decade and our frustrations come from repeated bad decisions and decisive leadership. This isn't going to be resolved overnight, especially with the NCAA sanctions looming. There is a reason all the other coaches did not entertain this job. Freeze and Kiffin were not happening, for multiple reasons. Everyone agreed we needed someone with head coaching experience, not an assistant. So, all things realistically considered this isn't so bad. Also, we have an athletic director with proven success and experience that can lead us in the future with an administration that seems to be supportive. So it's time to get behind this new staff and the team and be part of the solution instead of making the problem continue or get worse. If you can't do that, then it's best to find another team to cheer for.

Absolutely! None of us are happy where this football program has been the last decade and our frustrations come from repeated bad decisions and decisive leadership. This isn't going to be resolved overnight, especially with the NCAA sanctions looming. There is a reason all the other coaches did not entertain this job. Freeze and Kiffin were not happening, for multiple reasons. Everyone agreed we needed someone with head coaching experience, not an assistant. So, all things realistically considered this isn't so bad. Also, we have an athletic director with proven success and experience that can lead us in the future with an administration that seems to be supportive. So it's time to get behind this new staff and the team and be part of the solution instead of making the problem continue or get worse. If you can't do that, then it's best to find another team to cheer for.

AGREED 100 Percent. Maybe, they can all go root for UGA since they drool about them every year.

Yay. We are only as bad as the worst of everybody else!

VN Store

Back