I'm warming up to the idea of bringing in Jeff Brohm

If you are going to spend that kind of money... there are better coaches and better fits for UT.

Which has made MSU a consistent 2nd tier team that wins the Big 10 when everyone else is down. It doesn't really bode well if he has to compete in the SEC for recruits and then face Saban every years.

He's probably a step up from Jones but they think similarly about how to build and run a program.

He's very similar to Bielema. Bielema had won the B10 3 straight years before taking the Arkansas job. Dantonio has won 2 out of previous 4. Bielema won 66% of his conference games at Wisconsin. Dantonio has won 66% of his conference games at MSU. Dantonio has won 68% overall at MSU... Bielema won 74% at Wisconsin.

He's a good coach. He's not top tier. He's probably not even 2nd tier if guys like Fuente, Venables, and Brohm are considered 2nd tier.

PS- at 61 he's also too old.

Bad ticker. The real McCoy, not Urban’s get out of Gainesville version.

Not being disagreeable :) but this is what Arkansas thought when they replaced Nutt with Bielema.

A "sure bet" is almost always someone who has done it at multiple programs or teams.

Maybe everything... but maybe nothing. See Bielema and even Sumlin... or Brian Kelly. All were considered really good hires.

But that's why Dantonio isn't a "sure bet", top tier option. Plus at 61 he doesn't have 5 more years to build another program in the image of MSU.

OSU pre-Meyer, Michigan pre-Harbaugh, and ND the whole time... haven't been great programs.

If you are going this route.... swallow your pride and throw the bank at Franklin. I don't like him either but you can't deny what he's done and doing.

No. Not really that much of a difference in the overall comparison.

Just saying there is a difference

Wisc is in the West......Mich ST is in the East
Ark is in the West......TN is in the East

Tennessee is not going to hire Dantonio anyway.

Reactions: 1 person
Purdue plays undefeated #7 Wisconsin tomorrow at 3:30 ET.

I encourage you all to tune in. Purdue is 16.5 point underdogs. If they keep it close, I hope more of you will warm up to the idea of bringing in Brohm.

Matt Campbell is much better than Brohm. Why not go after him? :eek:lol:

Just saying there is a difference

Wisc is in the West......Mich ST is in the East
Ark is in the West......TN is in the East

Tennessee is not going to hire Dantonio anyway.

The truth is a lot is going to change between now and the time a decision is made and much of it depends on how long Jones survives. If he's fired during the season then Shoop, Scott, or Hoke will be "interviewing" for the job for the remainder of the season if they are viewed favorably by boosters and the AD.

I still like Shoop a lot. He is "refreshing" in his candid, no BS way of saying things after listening to Jones. Same with Scott.

If Jones makes it to the end of the season and is then fired... then I think everyone goes with him.

I think the contract is written to run to Dec 15th. It would not be surprising if that were the effective date of Jones' termination. I'm not sure if they can announce a replacement before then or not.

Purdue only lost by 8 to undefeated #7 Wisconsin today... another strong showing for Brohm.

Frost also continues to impress

I'm warming up to the idea of bringing in Jeff Brohm

WAIT..........did you mean Fromm..................because I am down to bringing him in, if he is willing to transfer.

No more "up-and-comers". No more Dooleys, no more Butch's. Brohm is Butch 2.0. Go out and get a big time coach or just close the dang program down.

No more "up-and-comers". No more Dooleys, no more Butch's. Brohm is Butch 2.0. Go out and get a big time coach or just close the dang program down.

Wrong. He’s not an up-and-comer... he has arrived. I encourage you to read through this thread. Posters have shared some good insights. Brohm has gone toe to toe with some of the best coaches in football this season and held his own. Unfortunately he’s got Purdue players, but they’ve played above their abilities in every game. He’s doing more with less than anyone in the country right now.

That being said, Brohm wouldn’t be one of my top targets. Just saying I think he’s a good coach and I think he’d possibly do well here. Would prefer Gruden, Kelly, Pattersen, Patterson, etc

so kelly, stoops or gruden? I don't think any of the three will be roaming the sidelines at neyland any time soon.

kelly is going to ucla
stoops is retired and will not coach against his brother
gruden has got it made where he is without the heartache

Could not be more wrong. Brohm is real. Purdue has a good one.

Right now Tennessee doesn't need a coach with just 3 years EXP........which was at WK.

Not saying he is not a good coach. Not saying he cant become a great coach; however Tennessee has to make the right hire, they cannot take a chance on someone who was at WK for 3 years.

It makes me nervous bringing in another coach that has not been proven. He was good at Western Kentucky, but that does not equal the SEC by any means.

VN Store

Back