"I'm not buying Jeremy Pruitt even though they're on a nice little run."

It’s not a question of reading comprehension, unless it’s possibly your reading comprehension.

The question is whether Bo Bounds is any sort of legitimate authority on SEC football or sports in general.

When you keep getting responses of “Who?”, it indicates that this guy does not seem to have any legitimacy beyond a 20-mile radius of Jackson.

Maybe he’s the next oracle of college football; who knows? But that’s the whole point: who knows?

In the meantime, he’s just another guy flapping his mouth. And that’s why everyone is asking why you care what he says.

You’ve completely missed the point. I didn’t make a thread about Bo Bounds. I made a thread about Jeremy Pruitt. I just used a quote from Bo Bounds to introduce the question. That blew some people’s minds but I did make it clear in the OP that I don’t care what Bo thinks and I clarified my OP on the first or second page, maybe both. Others have also explained my intent here. Not sure how to make it more clear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me guess, you live in Mississippi. Lol and sorry.
That's what Bo Bounds said this morning on his sports talk show in Jackson, MS. He's been anti-Pruitt for a while now, which isn't surprising because he regularly turns his nose up at guys who are less sophisticated than himself. It's also worth noting that he thinks Phillip Fulmer is incompetent.

I don't really care what he thinks, but it made me wonder what's it going to take for national media to recognize what most of us recognize? That Jeremy Pruitt has turned the corner and has the program headed toward the top-tier of the SEC.

Will winning out be enough or does he have to beat Florida and Georgia before the rest of the country take notice?

Fair enough. Hopefully we’ll get a good bowl opponent and enter the off-season with some buzz but we’ll probably have to beat a good SEC opponent before he gets respect.

Agreed. Had LSU lost to Bama, all the praise they had been getting would have went silent. Same with Minnesota had they lost to Penn State. Tennessee’s next step in the rebuild is to go 6-2 or better in the SEC. That means a win over at least one of the big three conference teams on their schedule. The next step after that is 7-1 or better and the East division.

That's what Bo Bounds said this morning on his sports talk show in Jackson, MS. He's been anti-Pruitt for a while now, which isn't surprising because he regularly turns his nose up at guys who are less sophisticated than himself. It's also worth noting that he thinks Phillip Fulmer is incompetent.

I don't really care what he thinks, but it made me wonder what's it going to take for national media to recognize what most of us recognize? That Jeremy Pruitt has turned the corner and has the program headed toward the top-tier of the SEC.

Will winning out be enough or does he have to beat Florida and Georgia before the rest of the country take notice?

If he is from Mississippi. he is either a closet Bama or LSU fan. Depending on his income he'll openly pull for Ole Miss or State. He could care less about Tennessee. If he believes himself to be sophisticated, he is in the Grove at every home game. Screw this ass hat and his opinion.

U think it will take beating them twice. Butch Jones beat them both just 3 years ago, including it being 2 straight over UGA, and a year later he was gone. I think it will happen, but the media won't care until it does.

Holy smokes! Methinks my late ex-mother-in-law just posted on VN! Zelma. Is that you?

Chillax. Have a cupcake. Hope springs eternal for many. However, for those like you 'n your ilk, the spring has dried up.

If what you said is true and you married into a family of folks just like me then you do have a lot to be optimistic about and I applaud you for finding such a wonderful woman and family. God Bless you and the rest of Zelma's family.
I am not sorry in any way about not drinking the Kool-Aid yet. Or cupcake haha. I am cautiously optimistic and will stay that way until I see more. Just being realistic. I do hope he can get this team back on track but I wouldn't bet on it if I had to.

DUH...………………………...
THE National medial will notice when we WIN. That's it. That's the list!! Ws!!!
11248080_10153352984463552_4148992994854795577_n.jpg

Negator?

Well whoever posted this, Bo says thanks for getting him the attention he wanted. How else to get your rating and viewership up, piss off some Vols.

I think this went well OP.
Yeah. I'm still a little surprised that so many people missed the point. This is a strange bunch, but it's my responsibility as OP to know the audience.

You know... I came in here expecting some good discussion. I thought I'd had a good week of practice. I made some comments in other threads that were well received by the community. That made me think I was ready and I felt prepared to start a good thread. But then I started the thread and made some early mistakes. You can't quote an alien in the thread title and expect people to move past it to see the bigger picture, aight? That's on me. Then I wasn't able to make the adjustments necessary to get everyone back on the same page. It was just a rough thread. These things happen but I'm not going to quit. Just gotta get back out there and focus on getting better. I think I'm a good poster. I've been thinking I'm a good poster for a long time, but I still haven't put together my best thread. Just too many mistakes. Can't do that and expect good results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MemphisVol77

Well imo we do have to beat an elite team. But i see improvement with the team. We are a good qb away from competing with fl ga. and bama. I think we have that on the team now, but they have to get game expierence to improve maurer and shrout. I think either of them could become a great qb. I know they are not presently, but I can see potential in them. Actually ut turn around started when maurer was the starting qb against ga. and this game was much closer than the score,. Bama as well it was much closer than the game indicated. We were iln both games into the 3rd qtr.

Win out, beat Oklahoma next season. Instant respect. We've been within 8 or so spots of Oklahoma in recruiting the past 4 years with the 5th year pending. What would be left of either teams redshirt seniors next year, we were actually 5 spots higher than them in recruiting rankings.

VN Store

Back