"I'm not buying Jeremy Pruitt even though they're on a nice little run."

OP asks if it takes winning out or beating FL and GA for recognition. We want and need to win out. We should not talk like the team has already done it or assume they will do it. They haven't, and we just do not know if they will. Go Vols!

He is in Mississippi. Who gives a Rats Azz what he thinks. He is probably a Miss. St. fan. SMH

That's what Bo Bounds said this morning on his sports talk show in Jackson, MS. He's been anti-Pruitt for a while now, which isn't surprising because he regularly turns his nose up at guys who are less sophisticated than himself. It's also worth noting that he thinks Phillip Fulmer is incompetent.

I don't really care what he thinks, but it made me wonder what's it going to take for national media to recognize what most of us recognize? That Jeremy Pruitt has turned the corner and has the program headed toward the top-tier of the SEC.

Will winning out be enough or does he have to beat Florida and Georgia before the rest of the country take notice?
Pruitt has not turned the corner yet. Still a long ways to go. Once he shows he can consistently beat inferior teams then the talking heads will take notice.

Was unaware that Jackson Mississippi had electricity to run a radio station.

Also, Bo Bounds must be the least known national media personality in the history of national media personalities.

Gonna have to beat FL and GA to contend for an SEC title. Until that starts happening, this program is treading water more than having some huge turnaround.

I've seen that we are playing better with cohesion. We aren't close to were we want, however I'm confident Pruitt is a good coach that knows what he's doing. He's learning how to be a HC and there will be bumps in the road, yet the projection is up.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Never heard of Bo Bounds but you lost me when you mentioned that someone from Jackson, Ms doesn't like anyone less sophisticated than him>

Reactions: NighthawkVol
That's what Bo Bounds said this morning on his sports talk show in Jackson, MS. He's been anti-Pruitt for a while now, which isn't surprising because he regularly turns his nose up at guys who are less sophisticated than himself. It's also worth noting that he thinks Phillip Fulmer is incompetent.

I don't really care what he thinks, but it made me wonder what's it going to take for national media to recognize what most of us recognize? That Jeremy Pruitt has turned the corner and has the program headed toward the top-tier of the SEC.

Will winning out be enough or does he have to beat Florida and Georgia before the rest of the country take notice?
Of corse he does. Pruitt could not have asked for an easier schedule and still managed to fall flat out of the gate. He’s caught UK, SC and the remaining two when they are wayyyy down:
Eventually, of course he’s going to have to be those teams or it won’t matter because he won’t have a job.

Win out this year and get some wins over the big three next year and everyone will get on board.

Beating the lesser teams in the SEC only proves he can beat the lesser teams in the SEC. That’s something that should have been happening all along. Even in our down years.
You got to kick little brothers azz before you take on big brother.

We've already had many discussions on this and the actual number is in the high 70s. Everyone has injured scholarship players.
Nobody cares about our injuries. We either win or we lose. Nobody cares about the refs either....even though they are horrible. The refs have given the Packers 2 games this year for example...but nobody cares.

I'm not convinced either. We were in the same situation last year and then the season ended in disaster. The way this year started put us way behind the 8-ball and we almost have to win out just to get to a bowl . I do see some improvement from the beginning of the year. But it is way too early to say that Pruitt is turning the corner and that he is the guy. If they do win out and win their bowl game then I will be a stronger believer. That loss to Georgia state is still Unforgivable. We would already be in a bowl game if we just take care of business there. Time will tell. I'm not saying he's not going to be the guy but you cannot definitively say he is right now.

"What most of us recognize"???
2 months ago UT was headed for 1-11 and Pruitt was an idiot in over his head.

Last year there were 3 teams not eligible for bowls. Ole Miss, Arkansas and Us.

This year, the only teams mathematically out are Arkansas and Vanderbilt. SC could make it, but its doubtful.

Right now
Kentucky is 4-5 including a loss to us, with Vandy, UT Martin and Louisville left. I think they make it.

MSU is 4-5 including a loss to us, with Alabama, Abeline Christian and Ole Miss, I think they make it.

Missouri is 5-4 with Florida, Us and Arkansas left. With or without a win against us, I think they make it.

Ole Miss is 4-6 with MSU and LSU. I don't see them making it.

Last year there were 3 non eligible and this year it looks like 3 definitely and 1 more (SC) probable.

So, although losing to us didn't, or may not have been as big of a deal as I thought, the number of bowl eligible teams this year compared to last year is ....1.

FWIW...South Carolina had Mississippi last year and Alabama this year.

Vanderbilt had Arkansas last year and LSU this year.
This is what I needed. Just didn't want to do the research. Gracias

Reactions: Behr
This is what I needed. Just didn't want to do the research. Gracias

I didn't either but I was curious myself.

We still have two games that I think we win. If we do, we'll go bowling and I think that's a good way to end up......(I'm not going there.) If we win the bowl, I think that'll be better good.

If we don't? Meh, we will.

**** Bo and the horse he rode in on.

Being from Mississippi: Sounds like he wants MoreHead instead!

VN Store

Back