I'm confident in what I am about to say

You are correct.

We ve gone from a last name people recognized (Dooley).
To the used car salesman (Jones)
To a guy that had never been a head coach.

The interesting part will be the responses to who we replace the last guy with. The trend points toward someone coaching a different sport.
Nobody is a sure thing in the coaching business...too many variables, not the least of which is chemistry. However, it would be novel to just once attempt to hire a successful, established, winning head coach instead of the name, or the band-geek, or the hot coordinator with no experience. It's down between that, or as you said, the ladies water-polo coach.

We can't go through this again unless we KNOW we have a proven winner on the hook. Every three years we look for another coach and I feel like the program sinks further and further down every time. We just can't keep this up.
Enduring an obvious flop for another season, especially if we have to pay to re-tool the staff, does nothing but dig the hole deeper. You saw Pruitt's high water mark last year. It only goes down from there. He's proven to lose at least 2 games to lesser opponents every year. (2018-Vandy & Mizzou, 2019- GA State & BYU, 2020- Kentucky & Arky) Doing that, even if you start competing with the big three, will always keep you out of contention for anything meaningful.

If he wins 8+ games next yr he won't be gone. This is not a I like Pruitt post but its a realistic possibility and don't think Fulmer would pull the plug with that. And Fulmer's not going anywhere regardless of Pruitt's status.

Reactions: 1967vol and Raebo
Majors was here for years...same with Fulmer. Kiffin left us in the middle of the night. Dooley was here 3 years which was 2 years and 11 months too long. Butch was here 5 years and Pruitt is to be determined....We give coaches plenty of time to win or fail.

Florida has hired-fired as many over the last decade....Looks like they got it right.

Pruitt is done as HC at UT. May not happen this year, but most certainly will by next November

His recruiting class is falling apart, every Vol fan I know can't stand him and are ready for him to leave. Vol pages are full of disdain and jokes about him.

He has set a record for losses in a row by double digits, something never done in the history of UT football. Player development sucks. No progression. Team is worse in year 3 than in year 1 or 2.

And our great AD gives the guy a raise and extension, which makes him an even more economic liability to UT

This is an absolute clown show in Knoxville

A6F97115-0D1D-4BF1-AB12-2CC2EFDFA7AA.jpeg

You are correct.

The interesting part will be the responses to who we replace the last guy with. The trend points toward someone coaching a different sport.

Vandy's new kicker could take the job upon graduation. I hear that individual is skilled at locker room motivational orations, so we'd be better in the second half at least.

Reactions: lefthander
I was here, calling for his head, but don't remember seeing people rooting for losses...I remember people organizing a boycott...#emptyneyland, which ended up working.
I heard it on call in radio shows. It wasn’t an overwhelming amount of people but there were quite a few. And I vividly remember the discussion on the radio being “is it ok to hope for losses if it means Butch is gone”. But yeah I remember the #emptyneyland thing too. That actually got some traction.

First time I have actually seen people publicly hoping for losses.
Hoping it will expedite the departure. With Lyle, we saw that keeping a coach long after the signs he isn't a fit is even more detrimental to the program than parting ways at the earliest convenience.

It kills me to say this. I love Tennessee Vols football and want let any other school in my home. My wife is Georgia fan . But if something isn’t done soon and fast I’m afraid tha Tennessee will never be a power house again

If you think these melodramatic posts are going to affect Fulmer and the Boo$ters, you are wrong. They will weigh the possibilities and let you know by their actions or lack thereof.

Pruitt is done as HC at UT. May not happen this year, but most certainly will by next November

His recruiting class is falling apart, every Vol fan I know can't stand him and are ready for him to leave. Vol pages are full of disdain and jokes about him.

He has set a record for losses in a row by double digits, something never done in the history of UT football. Player development sucks. No progression. Team is worse in year 3 than in year 1 or 2.

And our great AD gives the guy a raise and extension, which makes him an even more economic liability to UT

Most people knew the defense line and linebackers would take a step back before the season started after the loses due to graduations of some players.
I am not taking up for the coaches in anyway.
My biggest complaint is staying with one quarterback that kept having issues and when replaced another quarterback threw an interception that quarterback got yanked and the first one went straight back in and the other never returned.
Still shaking my head over that and not understanding it.

I tried to be a fan of the dumb asS

Most people knew the defense line and linebackers would take a step back before the season started after the loses due to graduations of some players.
I am not taking up for the coaches in anyway.
My biggest complaint is staying with one quarterback that kept having issues and when replaced another quarterback threw an interception that quarterback got yanked and the first one went straight back in and the other never returned.
Still shaking my head over that and not understanding it.

We have lost too many games with JG as QB. JP could have more support if he had lost with other QBs. To keep losing with JG as QB is the reason for the turmoil. I believe JG has given all and has taken a beating, but it’s time to move on.

A fan at the Florida game said if HB beat Florida that JP should be fired for not starting him sooner.

JP’s days are numbered like most every other HC. It’s not the when that matters it’s the who will replace him.

Reactions: TBvol
This is a moment that shall define an AD

will it be done……… or will it be PF - “let them eat cake”

Say it again for the people in the back!

Vandy's new kicker could take the job upon graduation. I hear that individual is skilled at locker room motivational orations, so we'd be better in the second half at least.

We will hit an all time low when Banks head hunts her and knocks her into next week. Then says in the post game he thought she was a cop lol

Reactions: tbh
I am all for firing Pruitt and was ready to do so when he decided to coach the National Championship game and helped Bama win another title LOL.

That being said, I see Fulmers stubborn @$$ hanging onto him a year too long at least. It is the TN way.

You are correct.

They will probably hire Sarah Fuller as head coach.

Reactions: tbh

VN Store

Back