I'm confident in what I am about to say

CountVolcula

Eternal Vol
Pruitt is done as HC at UT. May not happen this year, but most certainly will by next November

His recruiting class is falling apart, every Vol fan I know can't stand him and are ready for him to leave. Vol pages are full of disdain and jokes about him.

He has set a record for losses in a row by double digits, something never done in the history of UT football. Player development sucks. No progression. Team is worse in year 3 than in year 1 or 2.

And our great AD gives the guy a raise and extension, which makes him an even more economic liability to UT

This is an absolute clown show in Knoxville

Last edited:
Not sure where you were in 2017 but I heard it A LOT Butch’s last year. It’s not my style. I always want our kids to win. But at the same time, I get it.
I was here, calling for his head, but don't remember seeing people rooting for losses...I remember people organizing a boycott...#emptyneyland, which ended up working.

Not sure where you were in 2017 but I heard it A LOT Butch’s last year. It’s not my style. I always want our kids to win. But at the same time, I get it.

There's a difference. Everyone knew by early November 2017 that Butch was a goner and would be gone so fans largely wanted at least 1 conference win. Everyone knows now that Pruitt is a goner but unless there's a loss to Vandy, he's not gone.

Pruitt is done as HC at UT. May not happen this year, but most certainly will by next November

His recruiting class is falling apart, every Vol fan I know can't stand him and are ready for him to leave. Vol pages are full of distain and jokes about him.

He has set a record for losses in a row by double digits, something never done in the history of UT football. Player development sucks. No progression. Team is worse in year 3 than in year 1 or 2.

And our great AD gives the guy a raise and extension, which makes him an even more economic liability to UT

Revenge of the Phil. John Chavis is coaching middle school football. Phil should be a middle school AD.

He should have been fired already. Fulmer will kill UT if Pruitt is not fired. I see it online and people you talk to, they have quit watching,listening and going to the games. They are finding other things to do on Sat. and could careless if Tn wins or loses. If Pruitt is not fired , what is left of Fulmers legacy will be gone and they will turn on him. This 20k -25k will be the norm next year. Tn fans might want to revolt against TN, that will be the only way that Pruitt gets fired this year.

Reactions: jvolman
It's not like canning him now, as opposed to this time next year will save us money ... I mean, whatever the buyout comes down is because of the fact we've kept him and paid him another year. Compound that with the cost of paying coaches he fires, new coaches he hires (and whatever buyouts they may owe) and it's actually cheaper to just go ahead and do it now.

Did I mention we have a guy begging to come coach here, that's beat Saban twice and won a Sugar Bowl?
Just my opinion, which I know what it's worth.

Which is ridiculous if they actually stopped to think.

Why would anybody want their team to lose....when the very problem IS the losses?
Point being, they're going to lose anyway, why cheer for it to happen??.

There's not much of a difference between being 3-7 and 2-8 except that one might get you a new coach while the other has you cleaning out the garage on football saturdays.

I am not cheering for losses but I also won't feel real bad if losing to Vandy starts the wheels in motion to can Pruitt. Hell, I suspect he won't feel too bad either when the 'severance millions' coming rolling in either. Thanks for the extra $6mil, Phil!!!

It's not like canning him now, as opposed to this time next year will save us money ... I mean, whatever the buyout comes down is because of the fact we've kept him and paid him another year. Compound that with the cost of paying coaches he fires, new coaches he hires (and whatever buyouts they may owe) and it's actually cheaper to just go ahead and do it now.

Did I mention we have a guy begging to come coach here, that's beat Saban twice and won a Sugar Bowl?
Just my opinion, which I know what it's worth.

You are not wrong preacher

His recruiting class is falling apart, every Vol fan I know can't stand him and are ready for him to leave. Vol pages are full of disdain and jokes about him.

Nobody does football coaching like we do on the Hill.

You could tell when Majors was done.....Fulmer.....Dooley....Butch. Pruitt is done.....because our AD gave him a extension for zero reason (losing recruits anyway) Pruitt will be here another year and the damage will be worse...if that's possible.

Nobody does football coaching like we do on the Hill.
You are correct.

We ve gone from a last name people recognized (Dooley).
To the used car salesman (Jones)
To a guy that had never been a head coach.

The interesting part will be the responses to who we replace the last guy with. The trend points toward someone coaching a different sport.

VN Store

Back