‘23 IL WR Carnell Tate (Ohio State commit)

There's plenty of weird about this. Like I said, if I had made some true insult, like if I had said LSU or Georgia were better than the Vols historically, I'd understand the outrage but defending the proposition that Ohio State is in the same historical peer group with Tennessee? That shouldn't be controversial at all. Took me by surprise. I haven't been following this recruitment super close so I guess it's just alot more emotional than I realized and Ohio State has pissed y'all off to the point that I had one guy even defending Florida in order to trash Ohio State.
You’ve made good use of your time. Vol fans have flipped to Buckeyes and the Aryan Brotherhood’s membership is dwindling.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
So I guess it matters that none of those guys would’ve been 5 stars out of high school based on how services rated them, uh? Talk about worthless semantics.
It’s not “semantics”…it’s REALITY. Peerless Price was in Max Emfingers Top 250 and on Tom Lemming’s list. So I would guess there’s a good chance he would have netted at least 4 stars in a composite. But you did bring the science of “no way in Hell” to the conversation.

So if Tate is telling both sides what they want to hear, how does that make him a 100% lock to Ohio St?

You’re in a Vol forum where everyone is a homer for Tennessee.

Two weeks ago AP was on Swain and he just didn’t sound confident. Said something about that if Tate committed at that time he would feel good but the longer it takes the less likely he was picking us.

I think @jakez4ut is right and OSU was the favorite but TN gave him a lot to think about. Sucks if we don’t get him but it’s just one recruit.
Yes you’re right, I guess I forgot not everyone posting he’s a vol is a lock 😂😂idk it just seemed like everyone was really seeing us landing him. Like you said tho, just one recruit would’ve been great to land Tate but we gotta have the mindset next one up.
You never let the ex see you’re heartbroken you just move on and do better!!

Not being negative, but Heupel has been here for one season. Saying things like “will never be a problem” is just unrealistic. They’re obviously great at developing the position (see Tillman, Cedric) but to miss on a recruit and say it doesn’t matter is foolish. Regardless of how well they develop, they still need to win with big time receiver recruits if we want to win at the highest level. Hidden gems like Tillman don’t grow in trees and shouldn’t be considered the standard for this staff. That’s just unfair to them.
Definitely shouldn’t be the standard but we have to have the mindset next man up as well. Can’t dwell on what was or could’ve beeen but what it is.

@Bassmaster_Vol whats your feeling here? I know you’ve been laying low for awhile now, just curious!!!!
Legit no one knows. He hasn’t told anyone. Neither staff knows. The OSU smoke is coming from other recruits and the fact that Simmons dropped his to 50/50. But he wasn’t told anything. It’s anyone’s guess. I still think TN but I don’t know.

It’s not “semantics”…it’s REALITY. Peerless Price was in Max Emfingers Top 250 and on Tom Lemming’s list. So I would guess there’s a good chance he would have netted at least 4 stars in a composite. But you did bring the science of “no way in Hell” to the conversation.

I started following this stuff in the late 80’s and there’s always been a rating system of some kind that represents exactly what 5 star, 4 star, etc. means today.

I’d say Ced Wilson and Jermaine Copeland were also in that top 250 range, but that’s no where close to a 5 star, which is normally for what is considered a top 30-35 player.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
There is a chapter in the back of the science book for "no way in hell". I saw it one day.

I hope Tate is a Vol.

That being said, if his highlights were put next to several others, without knowing who was who, his wouldn’t jump off the page anymore than anyone else’s. Top WR talent is everywhere. Without a QB to get them the ball, they all suck. A good/great QB can make anyone look the part. Let’s hope Nico or TJ is that guy in the next few years.

I started following this stuff in the late 80’s and there’s always been a rating system of some kind that represents exactly what 5 star, 4 star, etc. means today.

I’d say Ced Wilson and Jermaine Copeland were also in that top 250 range, but that’s no where close to a 5 star, which is normally for what is considered a top 30-35 player.
Border Wars, which was the precursor to Rivals had stars in 1996. Some of the other services may not have, but that one did.

VN Store

Back