‘23 IL WR Carnell Tate (Ohio State commit)

In my opinion the biggest winner of the Tate saga has been @Freak with all the site traffic.

FWIW an elite offensive tackle like Mauigoa is way more valuable than any receiver.

Much more.

Poster made the comment earlier that if Heupel keeps putting up video game numbers, the elite receivers will come. Honestly, if he keeps putting up video game numbers, it really doesn’t matter if they do. Elite lineman will make more difference against teams like Bama and UGA than elite WRs.

Surprise surprise he dropped a “shocking final 4”today. Color me shocked if he picks OSU. This is why I don’t get excited about recruits anymore. I will say him picking the dumbnuts after the whole his momma against that OSU douchebaggery fiasco isn’t a good look. We’ve got Nico. Who they have?
9A44A655-CB98-4619-BA2D-F726BD2419DF.png

Much more.

Poster made the comment earlier that if Heupel keeps putting up video game numbers, the elite receivers will come. Honestly, if he keeps putting up video game numbers, it really doesn’t matter if they do. Elite lineman will make more difference against teams like Bama and UGA than elite WRs.

I want the elite receivers but look what we did last year with the one who wasn't supposed to be elite.

Surprise surprise he dropped a “shocking final 4”today. Color me shocked if he picks OSU. This is why I don’t get excited about recruits anymore. I will say him picking the dumbnuts after the whole his momma against that OSU douchebaggery fiasco isn’t a good look. We’ve got Nico. Who they have?
View attachment 465352
Jerry from Bulls Gap.👀

Lol, never mind that VQ has not said anything remotely like this the entire time.
Was literally thinking the same thing earlier. It was nothing but pretty much a lock to the Vols and then now he’s a lock to OSU, not including the Twitter fiasco apparently with another coach who happens to be at OSU. Just doesn’t add up. Either he was using us or just something was said or done on our side flipped the script but just doesn’t make sense from being a lock to now he’s a OSU lock. Smoke screen or something just went down hill fast from our camp. AP also mentioned that OSU was the choice and tough to beat but didn’t mention this since his first visit with Nico. Now the attitude has changed. Maybe caught up on the Nico Hype and just assumed because we landed Nico then we land Tate. Staff gambled it sounds like and lost big. I know we will be fine at WR, but if Tate does commit to OSU, how does this affect their confidence in recruiting WRs going forward? Tillman getting over 1k receiving and money isnt enough to convince these elite WRs I guess , I just don’t know lol

Reactions: drvenner
View attachment 465352
They have arguably the Heisman favorite with a 5 star QB + top 50 QB behind him… as well as the #1 overall QB for 2024… I would chop off my left foot for their QB situation

View attachment 465352
If they’re elite everywhere why do they get bodied by whatever sec team they play in the playoffs or Michigan

How does he go from everyone saying vol lock to osu.. something had to have happened and we are being left out of the loop??? What changed??
The way I read it.... And this doesn't mean it's what's happening... Is he wanted to go to osu for a long time. Saw something really good at Tennessee that made him take some more time.

Time, it may seem, for osu to have an opportunity to catch up.

One thing is for sure... He wanted drama, he got it. That may say more than anything when all is said and done.

The way I read it.... And this doesn't mean it's what's happening... Is he wanted to go to osu for a long time. Saw something really good at Tennessee that made him take some more time.

Time, it may seem, for osu to have an opportunity to catch up.

One thing is for sure... He wanted drama, he got it. That may say more than anything when all is said and done.
We will not be hurting for WR. Pretty good for a .500 program since 2008, before Tate started playing football.

4 years ago, Helton offered Tillman as a backup plan because we whiffed on others. We are fishing in different waters these days. And each year will be easier than the year before.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back