‘23 IL WR Carnell Tate (Ohio State commit)

I've always thought his interest in us was built off this perceived friendship he's developed with Nico. So either he comes here to play with Nico or he picks OSU. In the end, we'll find our WRs and make stars out of them in this offense. Tate would be a nice get, and a ratings booster, but I've never seen him as truly making or breaking this class. I'm not sure I'd give that distinction to any WR. After Nico, the true make or breaks come at the less glamorous positions. We need skilled OL, and we need defensive playmakers. That's where this class will be made.

And just to be clear, all indications are that Ohio State should be considered the favorite leading up to Monday’s announcement. It’s recruiting and anything can happen, but I think it’s safe to say it would be a pretty big surprise at this point if it’s not the Buckeyes.

I’ve just not completely counted out Tennessee because sources close to the Vols remained optimistic this week. But I wouldn’t say there’s enough optimism right now to ignore all the signs pointing toward Ohio State.

Not everyone will be committed to putting in the work and effort like Tillman. That’s not a knock against anyone that’s just the truth.

Tillman was a two-star project that probably only got an offer due to us wanting his teammate (The #1 TE that cycle) & has overcame every obstacle put in his way in route to becoming an All American. I love his grit and determination, which is why he's one of my favorite Vols.

Way I see it is why wouldn’t a top WR want to go to OSU? They play against second rate DBs and can inflate their stats. Only notable wr they have in the league right now is scary Terry and I guess Michael Thomas but he’s been cheeks for a while. And Curtis Samuel… who hasn’t done much so far. By volume we’re pretty even on WR and Heupel is about to start pipelining receivers into the league on a yearly basis.

VN Store

Back