‘23 IL WR Carnell Tate (Ohio State commit)

But compared to Knoxville, Columbia sux.;)
NGL, I love Scruffy City - it’s the place of my birth and my old stomping ground - but I’ve lived in Columbus as well and it’s a great town. Hard to compare the two because Cbus is more than twice as big. K-Town easily has better food per capita.

What really separates the two is the area they’re located in. Columbus itself is great; central Ohio is…ok. There’s some really pretty areas around CBus but nothing close to the gorgeousness you can see within 30 minutes or an hour of the Hill.

Reactions: TennacJed
NGL, I love Scruffy City - it’s the place of my birth and my old stomping ground - but I’ve lived in Columbus as well and it’s a great town. Hard to compare the two because Cbus is more than twice as big. K-Town easily has better food per capita.

What really separates the two is the area they’re located in. Columbus itself is great; central Ohio is…ok. There’s some really pretty areas around CBus but nothing close to the gorgeousness you can see within 30 minutes or an hour of the Hill.
And then there are the people from Ohio… that’s a big negative

where are all you all getting this intel on peoples NIL offers and deals? especially deals at other schools. I mean, one guy earlier acted like he was the lawyer for some of these kids the way he was basically laying out their deals and how this guy got more than that guy and this guy had his deal reduced because that guy committed after the other one did and now he isnt happy. you want my best guess, the heat was getting turned up on tate every day when he committed by people who keep asking him who it will be and he was probably tired of answering questions so he just committed with the thought that it will be over with and now, if ohio state was not truly where he wanted to be 100%, he can kinda let the process play out through the season behind the scenes and if he changes his mind, he can be the topic of conversation again on signing day. look, i am all vol, but if i were making a business decision as a 5 star WR recruit when it comes to heupel and his system, i can't blame a kid for taking advantage of his opportunity to see another season of how the staff progresses before making a commitment to them. i dont think anyone can blame him or anyone for that. personally, the way things can change at any moment for any program, if i were a 5 star and could go anywhere, i would not commit to anyone and show up at the last moment where i wanted to go and probably would not sign anything i didnt have to. i could totally see a kid in his shoes saying he will commit to ohio state so he has a place at the table but is still open to UT if they really show last year was not some kind of fluke. then if he doesnt like what he sees from heupel, he can just act like he was ohio state the whole time, but if he is blown away he can make it out to look like he wants to be a part of what is going on here

where are all you all getting this intel on peoples NIL offers and deals? especially deals at other schools. I mean, one guy earlier acted like he was the lawyer for some of these kids the way he was basically laying out their deals and how this guy got more than that guy and this guy had his deal reduced because that guy committed after the other one did and now he isnt happy. you want my best guess, the heat was getting turned up on tate every day when he committed by people who keep asking him who it will be and he was probably tired of answering questions so he just committed with the thought that it will be over with and now, if ohio state was not truly where he wanted to be 100%, he can kinda let the process play out through the season behind the scenes and if he changes his mind, he can be the topic of conversation again on signing day. look, i am all vol, but if i were making a business decision as a 5 star WR recruit when it comes to heupel and his system, i can't blame a kid for taking advantage of his opportunity to see another season of how the staff progresses before making a commitment to them. i dont think anyone can blame him or anyone for that. personally, the way things can change at any moment for any program, if i were a 5 star and could go anywhere, i would not commit to anyone and show up at the last moment where i wanted to go and probably would not sign anything i didnt have to. i could totally see a kid in his shoes saying he will commit to ohio state so he has a place at the table but is still open to UT if they really show last year was not some kind of fluke. then if he doesnt like what he sees from heupel, he can just act like he was ohio state the whole time, but if he is blown away he can make it out to look like he wants to be a part of what is going on here
Spark notes?

iu
There's a flame under there............;)

SIAP

“Nothing soon based on what I am hearing, but the talks have picked back up I am told from multiple sources.”

-Chad Simmons

Correct me if I’m wrong. This kid’s dream school is Ohio state. He committed to them when the NIL offer was close to even from what we’ve heard. So either someone or something rubbed him the wrong way with Ohio State, or we’ve offered a better offer now, or he’s just screwing around. Given the drama between his mom him and Ohio state right before he signed with them I’m going with the last option. Kid just strikes me as FOS at this point. I’d love to have him on the team but I’m not investing any hope until he signs.

Reactions: oryankees
Correct me if I’m wrong. This kid’s dream school is Ohio state. He committed to them when the NIL offer was close to even from what we’ve heard. So either someone or something rubbed him the wrong way with Ohio State, or we’ve offered a better offer now, or he’s just screwing around. Given the drama between his mom him and Ohio state right before he signed with them I’m going with the last option. Kid just strikes me as FOS at this point. I’d love to have him on the team but I’m not investing any hope until he signs.
It has been documented that the mom wanted Tennessee and the dad wanted Ohio State. I do think he’s just screwing around, but saying the mom messed with us would be incorrect

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
Guess the smoke from yesterday was just a huge green fart.
No… It’s just not happening right now in my opinion… This is something that I think will build over the fall… But that also gives Ohio State a chance to solidify why he picked them to begin with
-AP

It looks like you only used two capital letters in that whole post. If you're only going to use two, UT was the right two to use.

I thought Ohio State was his "dream school "?
So now he's not satisfied with his purse??
First thing he does is flirt with his second choice, to make OSU jealous or wise up.

Look...i don't care what this dude is ranked. I don't want him here.

He should have just stayed uncommitted and balled out as a SR. Bet on himself in that OSU would always be there if he new that's what he wanted. Not this crap...

I don't care about the smoke around this. Hopefully a strong wind blows that crap away.

Reactions: JacketVol
He's not that explosive or quick twitchy.
Seems like a bit of a long strider that can get thrown around.

He can jump, and has really good hands.
But we see kids with this attitude...flame out within 2 years of college ALL THE TIME.

I thought Ohio State was his "dream school "?
So now he's not satisfied with his purse??
First thing he does is flirt with his second choice, to make OSU jealous or wise up.

Look...i don't care what this dude is ranked. I don't want him here.

He should have just stayed uncommitted and balled out as a SR. Bet on himself in that OSU would always be there if he new that's what he wanted. Not this crap...

I don't care about the smoke around this. Hopefully a strong wind blows that crap away.
🤣

VN Store

Back