‘23 IL WR Carnell Tate (Ohio State commit)

Don't expect to hear much more from AP about this situation. Golesh asked him to scale back on discussing Tate. You can interpret that how you want. Doesn't mean he will sign with UT but it certainly means the relationship with Tate is still healthy and productive.
Then Golesh is gonna be pissed because AP and Swain talked about Tate and him still talking to Tennessee on WNML today.

Apparently that pitch didn't work the first time... or we didn't offer enough money....
We offered more but Ohio State made a comparable offer (only slightly below). Now it seems like they're not holding up their end of the NIL deal so that's part of what has started the speculation. Also throw in he'll likely not be targeted as much there as he potentially can be here due to the two other top receivers they brought in.

Last edited:
We offered more but Ohio State made a comparable offer (only slightly below). Now it seems like their not holding up their end of the NIL deal so that's part of what has started the speculation. Also throw in he'll likely not be targeted as much there as he potentially can be here due to the two other top receivers they brought in.

That's a great point in terms of not being targeted as much and fighting for catches... he'd be WR #1 or #2 by the end of his fresh/soph year here...

We offered more but Ohio State made a comparable offer (only slightly below). Now it seems like they're not holding up their end of the NIL deal so that's part of what has started the speculation. Also throw in he'll likely not be targeted as much there as he potentially can be here due to the two other top receivers they brought in.

Unless he’s worried about Noah Rogers, I’d doubt it’s about the other receivers. Tate and Inniss were 7on7 teammates and Tate would like stuff on Twitter talking about those 2 playing together in college. Don’t believe that was a coincidence they committed 2 days apart.

Unless he’s worried about Noah Rogers, I’d doubt it’s about the other receivers. Tate and Inniss were 7on7 teammates and Tate would like stuff on Twitter talking about those 2 playing together in college. Don’t believe that was a coincidence they committed 2 days apart.
Yeah that's what I was referring to, two other top receivers besides Tate. Innis and Rogers are the other two.

Yeah that's what I was referring to, two other top receivers besides Tate. Innis and Rogers are the other two.

Right, but I don’t think Tate would be looking around bc Inniss committed. They were prob planning on playing together. And I doubt he’s looking around bc he’s worried Noah Rogers is gonna take his targets.

Reactions: StoneColdStunner
Then Golesh is gonna be pissed because AP and Swain talked about Tate and him still talking to Tennessee on WNML today.

That seems like it would be good news. They were told to tone it down. So if they are still talking about it that might mean the process if further along than most think.

Reactions: dduncan4163

giphy.gif

Wonder what NIL numbers for each of the three? maybe they compared notes and he is not happy with his deal relative to the others.

VN Store

Back