‘23 IL WR Carnell Tate (Ohio State commit)

Been said countless times before...

If the kid truly wants to surprise, to shock the world, he's a Vol; however, if he's like almost all of the kids before him, who were saying the exact same things, shocking the world, it's OSU. It's very rare for one of them to truly "shock the world".

Baffles me how they still think that going to OSU or Bama or Clemson shocks ANYONE.

I'll say OSU but it doesn't bother me, just one recruit and at a position that I think we will always be strong at while the coaching staff we have is here. Would have liked to have had him but to be honest he wasn't on the top of my list, liked several better so it is what it is. Good luck to him wherever he goes. Also want to point out I lived in Ohio 34 years and couldn't wait to get out of that state, absolutely hated it, but you do you Tate.

Still dying on this hill, I see. Most of us have admitted that OSU is a great program that gets great players and has had much more success than we have in the last 20 years or so. Why you need to repeat it 2-3 times every page is beyond me, though.
Read what I responded to.

Been said countless times before...

If the kid truly wants to surprise, to shock the world, he's a Vol; however, if he's like almost all of the kids before him, who were saying the exact same things, shocking the world, it's OSU. It's very rare for one of them to truly "shock the world".

Baffles me how they still think that going to OSU or Bama or Clemson shocks ANYONE.

Question: has Tate even said he was gonna "shock the world?" If he did I missed it.

Really man? Why is it that if a TN fan even points out the fact that another team is good you and others resort to calling them trolls or thinking they are dumb for feeling that way?

Get real here. OSU would wreck the following teams virtually every year: Vandy, Ole Miss, Arky, TAMU, UF, TN, SC, UK, Missouri. I think more years than not they would beat LSU. Would they wreck UGA and Bama? No. So they would wreck about 95% of the SEC.

If you think otherwise then you are deluding yourself. That’s not trolling. That’s just fact.

I agree with everyone on your lost except TAMU. I thunk they are approaching the level to where they can compete consistently with everyone.

They are definitely getting the talent.

Emotions were apparently running high among some of y'all yesterday. Never seen such a reaction to such an innocuous statement on this board. I'm writing it off as the message board version of PMS or something.
I guess I should quit responding to you, which I will do after this post. Hope we get Tate.

Ohio State would not have a better record, nor an easier time of it, in the SEC. They are not and have not ever been what Alabama & Georgia have been recently. Mel Tucker is coming for that spot anyway #Bucks. And it hasn't taken him all that long. Because of the lowered level of competition compared to the SEC. Tennessee would not have struggled as much trying to rebuild in the Big-whatever as compared to down here in this league.. Thems the facts..
Ohio State is consistently top 5 in recruiting and put tons of guys in the NFL. They would be up there with the top teams in the SEC

Reactions: VolNash17
No, we have some confused individuals in this forum who think being loyal requires you to be dumb and hypocritical. Most Vol fans are not so butthurt that they can't admit Ohio State is also one of the historically great programs in CFB.

I think Ohio State would have occasionally won the SEC like maybe 2-3 times in the last 20 years if it had been in the SEC but those 2-3 years you'd have still won a natty or been close to it. So basically, many less conference championships, somewhat fewer wins (probably a 70-75 percent winning percentage instead of 85) and about the same number of national championships. I think Tennessee in the Big 10 since we fired Fulmer would have been 7-5 or 6-6 in the Big 10 alot of the years we were 5-7 or 4-8 in the SEC. We wouldn't have been winning any championships in the Big 10 since 2009 because we have had bad coaching, and that hurts anywhere.
I think this is spot on

I guess I should quit responding to you, which I will do after this post. Hope we get Tate.
Me too! Looking bleaker but I'm excited about CJ Allen who visited this weekend also. He's a real stand up kid from what I've heard. A real leader type. We need more of those than the guys wanting their "moment" so badly.

Reactions: InVOLuntary

VN Store

Back