'20 IL S Antonio Johnson

Boom. Yall think we took his OL teammate as a package deal or is that dude legit? Will be interesting to see if he gets better offers now that hes committed[/QUOTE.

Never change Catbone. Never change lol

JOHNSON SCOUTING REPORT

“When a prospect ranks in the Rivals100, it really speaks for itself how highly regarded he is by the analyst team at Rivals. Antonio Johnson is a unique prospect. One, because of his size at almost 6-3, but he’s also an outstanding athlete for that position. Antonio plays with a lot of range in the defensive backfield. He is an excellent coverage safety but he also has that ability to come up into the box and be an asset in run support. He can run the alley’s and he can pop like a linebacker. I’m really interested to see how he does at the Rivals 5-star Challenge in Atlanta later this month. I want to get him around some of the top receivers and defensive backs in the country and just see how that athleticism stacks up against the best of the best. We rate him in the Rivals100, which tells you he will compete very well in that arena. I’m excited to see how his performance stacks up against the top players in Atlanta. — Josh Hemholdt, Rivals Midwest Analyst

HOW DOES JOHNSON FIT WITH THE VOLS?
Head coach Jeremy Pruitt and defensive coordinator Derrick Ansley always talk about length in the secondary in dealing with today’s bigger receivers in college football.

Johnson meets that criteria.

Both defensive back experts also talk about safeties being more than just hitters and more than just centerfielders. Ball skills are a key in their recruiting evaluation at the safety position as well as the ability to get in the box and play the run.

Johnson meets that criteria.

From a size and athletic ability Johnson seems to be tailor made for what the Vols want and frankly what every secondary coach wants which is why Johnson is the top player in Illinois and one of the top 100 players in the country.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR TENNESSEE?
Johnson is a huge addition to Tennessee’s 2020 secondary class, joining blue-chip JUCO corner Art Green.

The Vols aren’t done at safety though, eyeing in-state Top 250 talent Keshawn Lawrence. Tennessee remains in prime position for the Ensworth (Tenn.) star, looking to beat out Miami, Auburn and South Carolina.

A Johnson-Lawrence safety paring would be among the best duos in the country if Tennessee can pull it off.
-VQ

Boom. Yall think we took his OL teammate as a package deal or is that dude legit? Will be interesting to see if he gets better offers now that hes committed
Spraggins is legit. East St. Louis has top talent galore. Spraggins was heavy on the Illini radar, so they Lovie is pissed to lose both guys. Spraggins was considered a boom prospect if he could drop some weight. He proved he could work hard and lose weight and it paid off. He will be a legit 4 star.

Last edited:
Spraggins is legit. East St. Louis has top talent galore. Spraggins was heavy on the Illini radar, so they Lovie is pissed to lose both guys. Spraggins was considered a boom prospect if he could drop some weight. He proved he could work hard and lose weight and it paid off. He will be a legit 4 star.
You’re so out of touch. Errybody knows Pruitt only took his commitment to land the other kid because this staff sucks at recruiting and facts and stuff.
-Legion of Doom prolly.

If Harris gets in, I feel like we have our safeties of the future.

I firmly believe this guy has the chance to be an it factor for us and possible early round draft pick down the road. Dude is legit.

Reactions: SweetasSoda

VN Store

Back