'24 IL OT Marques Easley (Georgia commit)

1. It helps to have a coaching staff long tern.
2. NIL has only been a thing like 2 years at this point.
3. Cade Mays, Navy Shuler, DeAngelo Gibbs, Andre Turrentine, Gerald Mincey, Javonta Payton, Hendon freakin Hooker... And that's only the last 3 or 4 years.
I said Top target . Cade Mays was committed to us then committed to GA , then transferred back , many reasons that lead to that. Also, Cade was a legacy and his brother came here, not a very fair example. Gibbs and Turrentine might be the best exception here. But you know well as I do that most of the time it doesn’t work out that way for us . I get what you’re saying but once in a blue moon we get a transfer that is a top 300 kid that may had us too three and came back to us. As far as Hooker , I never heard of his name till the transfer portal prior to Pruitt. Never seen a thread when he was out of high school. I’ve also went and checked about 10 pages about Hendon and haven’t seen a high school thread on him, other than the transfer portal.

I said Too target . Cade Mays was committed to us then committed to GA , then transferred back , many reasons that lead to that. Gibbs and Turrentine might be the best exception here. But you know well as I do that most of the time it doesn’t work out that way for us . I get what you’re saying but once in a blue moon we get a transfer that is a top 300 kid that may had us too three and came back to us. As far as Hooker , I never heard of his name till the transfer portal prior to Pruitt. Never seen a thread when he was out of high school. I’ve also went and checked about 10 pages about Hendon and haven’t seen a high school thread on him, other than the transfer portal.

I mean if you talking "top" recruits the question becomes how many of those guys even transfer in the first place. It used to be very few, but transfers have quadrupled in the last couple of years. Of the top 300, UT probably only seriously recruits about 75 of those. If they get 15 of them, of the other 60, probably 10-15 transfer at some point in their careers.

Hooker was recruited by Mike Debord and was a grad transfer plus COVID year guy. Pruitt convinced him to come just before he got fired, but it was Butch that recruited him.

As for top 300 guy, again it's hard to do that if you don't keep a staff longer than 3 or 4 years. You don't even pick up grad transfers if the staff isn't there by the time the recruit graduates.

Here's an example, Amari Rodgers was rumored to transfer to Tennessee probably 2 or 3 times once Tee was hired by Pruitt.

It didn't pan out, but if the staff had been here for a while (like Heupel will obviously be), then it makes a lot more sense for the recruit in the first place.

Again, I don’t totally disagree with you however you if this wasn’t a high 4 star recruit and was just a 3-2 star, the thread would die. It’s only the high tier top recruits that that’s committed elsewhere, that seems to stay on top of the thread. If the lower ranked guys threads can die out , so can this one. I’ll give it a rest . Basically doing a what I was butching about hahaha .

Last edited:
Reactions: LouderVol
According to some on here, we should pursue player types such Janzen Jackson and Da’rick Rogers. How did that work out for TN?
Rogers was a product of the lockerroom culture as well though. Al Wilson would’ve stomped his ass or he would’ve fell in line with the team concept. Your point isn’t wrong though, a few bad ones can cause that lockerroom environment to be worse.

VN Store

Back