'24 IL OT Marques Easley (Georgia commit)

So you would turn down a class that highly rated because only 11 can play? Seems like a bold strategy. Also having better players to practice against each day probably doesn’t matter either just throw some scrubs out there only need 22 good players by this logic.
You made your point.
And it's correct.

He's just saying the game itself is 11 on 11. Not 84 vs 84

Here we go again, supposed Vol fans sucking up to Georgia once more!

To hell with Georgia and it was said we stopped pursuing due to not fitting in with our culture !
If you don’t currently respect the best of the sport, that’s fine. But a lot of people respect the game and can acknowledge when a team is crushing it, even if it’s not the Vols. No one here has sucked up to Georgia, rather lamented that they are currently so dang dominant.

Is UGA just planning on going back to their ball control running game from the early Kirby era? All of their OL are like 350 to 380 pounds. Good for the running game, but I would question a 380 pounder’s ability to handle the speed rush on passing downs.

Florida and Georgia just have a recruiting advantage over us from the jump because of their instate talent. It's really been that way ever since the sport integrated, we just got an upper hand on Georgia in the 90's with a perfect storm of excellent leadership on our end and bad coaches on their end. Despite the horrible year Florida is coming off, they currently have the No. 3 class on the composite. We had a great year, and are at No. 11. I will be glad to see both come off of our permanent schedule.
Yeah. Florida is No. 3 too given how bad they were under the new coach last year. But I guess he can also sell playing time given how many transfers they had.

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
Is UGA just planning on going back to their ball control running game from the early Kirby era? All of their OL are like 350 to 380 pounds. Good for the running game, but I would question a 380 pounder’s ability to handle the speed rush on passing downs.

I think this is a fair point. S&C and nutrition will obviously help, but I think it’s obvious they’re leaning into the power run game. I thought one of the main reasons they’ve been so good offensively the last 2 years was because it was relatively balanced. Everyone knows they’re run first but they did a lot of shotgun formations and spread stuff too with monken. They took shots when they needed to.

Highest bidder here, it was strictly about NIL with this player. UGA may give him the 200K luxury SUV like Kendall Milton got. But the chicken hawk can recruit.

Reactions: Voltrappedinfla
The Dawgs are up to 26, how many can the get.
Recruiting has no limits this year, but you can only have 85 total on scholarship
With NIL I am not sure the 85 even matters. An infinite number of people can get NIL equivalent of a scholarship or more, as long as there's booster money. It's back to the 70's.

Highest bidder here, it was strictly about NIL with this player. UGA may give him the 200K luxury SUV like Kendall Milton got. But the chicken hawk can recruit.
Having just won 2 national championships I don't think UGA is having to outbid people. I mean, I'm sure their NIL is probably competitive but Kirby's got winning to sell, and putting guys in the league. I doubt he has to pay more to convince players to go there rather than other schools with less winning and fewer guys put in the league. That just doesn't make much sense. What I'll be interested in is whether Alabama makes a strong close (they've got to have one) or whether this is really the start of the recruiting slide for Saban that most older coaches inevitably run into, like even Bobby Bowden did.

Man, really wanted Easley. His ceiling makes him a culture fit anywhere. He’s got the feet and nasty streak. Needs some strength added, but he can move. His ceiling is as high as Darnell - first rounder. Too bad our NIL couldn’t sway him.

Reactions: LittleVol

VN Store

Back