If you're KSU, you firing Tang?

Another of these weird defend Barnes threads by comparing him to a first year coach that made it farther than he has his entire time at UT. Btw I don't wanna fire Barnes. He definitely needs to make some changes, but these threads are stupid.

Yeah because everybody knows the regular season is what matters in college basketball. Just like itā€™s what matters in college football, in the NFL, in the NBA, in MLB, etc. Oh, wait, nobody gives a damn about the regular season in any of those. How many conference basketball tournaments get aired on CBS? Why do you think that is?

I ā€œgive a damn about the regular seasonā€ in CFB and CBB. The 2022 Vols šŸˆ SEASON thrilled hundreds of thousand of us Vol fans (and broke our hearts at USC).
If I care about the sport, I care about the whole season. And I understand there ISNā€™T a post season if my team doesnā€™t do well during the season. I also understand there is very small diff in going 2-1 in the NCAAT vs going 3-1.
Also, I donā€™t gaf about who televises what. If part time fans only tune in to CBB for the NCAAT, thatā€™s their choice.

Last edited:
The reason KC St lost is because their star guard got too reckless with the ball trying to make the Top 10 on Sportscenter. Yes, he scored 30 points, but his turnovers and bad decisions cost them that game.

Reactions: rickyyrs
Some of you guys are clueless about college basketball. Making it to the elite 8 gets you a likely raise and extension, not fired.

Tang has had 1 season at KSU, he's a first year head coach sooooooo.

Regardless, basketball is a tournament sport and Rick Barnes record in the NCAA tournament is mediocre.

Again all this transitive property stuff was supposed to be sarcastic but some of you have really ran with it.

Yes, winning in the NCAA tournament is hard but that's why they make the big bucks, right?

Regardless, this is peak Tennessee basketball and it is what it is.
so are you gonna watch basketball all
Year and ā€œknowā€ the inevitable outcome come
Tourney time and complain or just move on?

Reactions: VolsSince78
We can't have any high expectations because historically we aren't elite like Florida Atlantic and San Diego State. I hate that mindset. I don't give a damn. We have all the resources and support to be great.

There are three annual arguments that can never be won due to the vast experience of those who defend the inevitableā€¦

1) Notre Dame football being overrated preseason
2) Ohio State football being overrated postseason
3) Rick Barnes Sweet 16 exit

(Note: I donā€™t think Barnes should be fired, but we are all kidding ourselves if you donā€™t think weā€™ll be having this same argument the second weekend of the 2024 tournament)

Reactions: Ttucke11
There are three annual arguments that can never be won due to the vast experience of those who defend the inevitableā€¦

1) Notre Dame football being overrated preseason
2) Ohio State football being overrated postseason
3) Rick Barnes Sweet 16 exit

(Note: I donā€™t think Barnes should be fired, but we are all kidding ourselves if you donā€™t think weā€™ll be having this same argument the second weekend of the 2024 tournament)
What if Rick reads these threads and decides to change his defense exclusive first strategy ? He's probably reading these comments and on the phone right now trying to get a point guard ( that can hit more than 40%). If you're reading this Rick, nothing personal, just want to help get us to the Final 4 and NC

What if Rick reads these threads and decides to change his defense exclusive first strategy ? He's probably reading these comments and on the phone right now trying to get a point guard ( that can hit more than 40%). If you're reading this Rick, nothing personal, just want to help get us to the Final 4 and NC
Lol Rick Barnes isn't reading this crapola being spewed on here

Reactions: berryvol

VN Store

Back