If you noticed one thing different

Size, speed and general physicality at the first two levels of the defense were really impressive. Both teams are well coached but IMO neither team is particularly innovative on either side of the ball - just super-talented, aggressive, and fundamentally sound.

The key for challengers like UT will be to develop an OLine that can slow the defensive pressure and give the offense a chance to operate.

I get that developing the OL part but what about our defense? I mean how in the world do we get players like Anderson, Dean and Davis? Those are the types of players you need to win championships. Not Banks and Beasley. I just don’t know how we get the types of players we need to win big.

Fan boys pay no attention to the scoreboard.
They spew their agenda spin just like a damn politician.
Cool guy alert. I watched the games. UT was within one score of Bama into the 4th. That is not obliterated. We scored more points on GA than anyone aside from Bama. Again, we had half of a team and a first year head coach. The point of my post was there is more room for improvement for us and we are sitting better this year than we were last year

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
What struck me was how thick and fast Kelee Ringo appeared when he made that interception. Vols could use a couple of those in the back field.

It doesn’t have to take that long but if you look at the trajectories of Georgia and Clemson two schools we are very similar to then it makes a bit of sense. Championship level depth takes a while to build even with the new transfer market

I actually think Clemson is an excellent example of not having to have a roster of 5 stars. Sure, they have them now, but they started winning before they had that. Now, Alabama and Georgia were built on 5 stars.

Coaching, and strength and conditioning (more coaching), along with getting the guys with the right attitude and work ethic can get us in the hunt. Then, the 5 stars will come. We may be 2 or 3 years away, but I don't see it taking 10 years, on the current trajectory.

Those teams last night had that Tennessee is lacking it was speed on defense. Lord, those teams really run to the ball.

Neither OL was very good. Ga got some run game going in 2nd half With Williams out, both WR groups were average at best. Both QBs struggled for consistency with the pressure they were under.
I think the S&C overall was different.

He was a starter on a very good team
Who got burned badly for a TD in the championship game. Not saying HT is terrible, by any stretch. I just don't think Bama was rock solid at virtually every position this year like they typically seem to be. Eg, they had some weakness on their offensive line (was mentioned by the commentators, RT), and I think HT falls in the same category. Yeah, I begrudge the fact he bailed on his team. It wasn't necessary from a "career" perspective.

VN Store

Back